Yep, it’s #TuesdayNewsday and here’s what’s happening in wargaming this week >>>
This Week’s Headline:
Seriously, get out The Vote, the new game from Hollandspiele.
(see what they did there?)
Newly Released This Week:
- Legion Wargames is now shipping A Splendid Little War.
- SJG’s shipping the new Munchkins & Mazes.
- GMT’s got 6 different p500 games they’re busy shipping. So many, that the “shipping October 19-30” dates on their website seem to be more ‘guidelines’ than hard dates.
Newly Launched This Week:
- From the “Department of Things That Went Live 30 Minutes After Last Week’s News Update” UGG has a new WWI game on Kickstarter called The Longest Trench
- Decision Games has updated a whole bunch of their upcoming pledge games, including several solitaire games.
- Feed The Kraken gives you some ‘secret mission’ mechanics on the high seas, with some very nice-looking sculpts.
- Flint & Feather Contact gives you minis rules for skirmish games in 17th century North America, with a bunch of figures to go with them.
- Want to get your inner spy on? Phantom Doctrine is here for your espionage gaming needs. Variable tile-based map, and a lot of different agents to choose from.
- 6mm samurai? Sure! Figures, rules, terrain – all in one package.
New from the Dragoons:
- We wrapped up at 2-1/2 year long forum-based Kriegsspiel last week. Here are the AARs, parts one and two.
- Mentioned in Dispatches covered a variety of sci-fi gaming topics.
- This week, Design x Dragoons asked what key facets of certain historical eras mattered to designers.
- Saturday Night Fights continued the Battle of Leipzig using the Blucher rules.
- My Own Worst Enemy got a first look at Dark City’s new Operation Battleaxe.
News From The Wargame Industry:
- Avalanche Press has an insane deal right now with 68 different books/games at 25-40% off thru the end of November.
- S&T’s “deal of the day” (thru 11/8) is the game edition of World at War #15, which includes Soft Underbelly: Italy 1943.
- Revolution Games has Return to the Rock: Corregidor 1945 on sale.
- JTS announced that their Winter sale will start on December 11.
- Paradox Games has Necropolis: Brutal Edition at 75% off right now.
- Pacific Rim Publishing has their new website up, and it looks pretty damn good.
- Legion Wargames has a November sale going on right now, with many games 25-50% off.
The Professional Wargaming World:
- Wargaming as a learning experience for the military professionals.
- We reviewed Shores of Tripoli a few weeks back. Designer Kevin Bertram is coming to GUWS to talk about historical board games as educational tools.
- PaxSims reviews Spudnet – cyber warfare with potatoes. Yes, potatoes.
Something From Our Partners:
- Moe checks out An Attrition of Souls from Compass Games. He also dives into the Alien RPG from the Free League guys.
- Ardwulf hit 3000 subscribers! He’s celebrating with a giveaway. He also dug into Tranquility Base from Worthington.
- Dan interviews Ryan Hellman about White Eagle Defiant.
- RMN compares history to the board game in Koenigsberg, or he would if there were designer’s notes.
This Week on Six Degrees of Radio:
A look at some great music from the past 40-odd years, with stories about the different songs.
- Sure Know Something by Kiss (or, as MD calls them “Disco Kiss”)
- Soul Connection by Baker’s Pink
- Halloween by Helloween (yes, you read that right)
- Bad Blood by The Damned Things
- And the Saturday Night / Halloween concert: Type O Negative.
That’s all for this week!
Be sure to drop by our forums and join the fun, and next Tuesday we’ll drop some more news on you.
We appreciate you visiting the Armchair Dragoons and hope that you enjoy our weekly news dumps!
Please leave us your feedback in our discussion forum, or in the comment area below.
You can also find the regiment on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and occasionally at a convention near you.