Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Duel Universe  (Read 5595 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 06:59:36 AM
Is there smuggling and piracy against some kind of abstract police system?

I worry about you, sometimes - you know that?

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 09:21:14 AM
😂😂

There was nothing finer than delivering a ship full of furs or alcohol or narcotics to an outlawed base in the old elite

The new elite still doesn’t seem to have managed that sense of Han Solo-ey piracy and delivering naughty goods to a system

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 10:06:47 AM
Totally agree with you  :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Yskonyn

• Jr Lancer
  • Running an online thing is like herding cats
Reply #18 on: February 02, 2021, 04:28:51 PM
I have been a backer pretty much since day one. Refrained from playing until recently, due to performance issues and wipes.

It's a very ambitious game, so much is clear. At this point very much a gather, craft and build game still. There are no NPC's; everything is player driven.
If you have played Space Engineers, you'll know what to expect. It's basically that on steroids with large scale multiplayer and even empire management (when your player corp grows large) built in.
It's as free and probably will become as brutal as EVE online down the line, I expect.

The draw for me is that its very simulationalist with its systems and atmospheric model. Dynamic weather is planned as well.
Ships (called dynamic constructs) and bases (called static constructs) are built out of functional blocks and voxels.  The damage system provides for per-voxel damage modelling.
The fact that its one big persistent universe is super cool as well.

It also features real time offline skill training, like EVE. And the skilltree is HUGE.

The grind is pretty real though. My personal experience has been pretty frustrating so far with getting started. You'll need a scanner (which has low range due to lacking skills) to mindlessly wander around the surface to hunt for returns. You'll then need to pinpoint the resource vein and can start to dig.
But you won't know beforehand which resource you'll find, just its Tier.
This makes getting started very time consuming imo and should be changed. Or, perhaps I am just doing things the wrong way.

Add me in game, Justin! (Cyriac Daventria)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:08:53 AM by Yskonyn »