Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition  (Read 3381 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
on: May 28, 2023, 03:47:52 PM
I was surprised to see the game updating in my Steam library a couple days ago.  Turns out a major patch was just released, courtesy of the player community: 

https://steamcommunity.com/games/704450/announcements/detail/3677797598539852337

https://nwn.beamdog.net/docs/

Was definitely a pleasant surprise.  Nice to see the game still getting love after all this time. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 10:34:22 PM
Is this worth getting? Is it somewhat true to D&D gameplay?

I had the old one 20ish years ago and loved it.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 11:09:56 AM
WOW! That is good news and surprising as well. I loved the game back, when did it come-out? Probably still a lot of fun especially if it's still supported but it was very dated last I played it so....most likely much more so today. I still play Neverwinter Nights 2 on occasion as well.

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 03:30:55 AM
If you loved the original game, then you should enjoy the Enhanced Edition as well.  It's essentially NWN all over again, but with a crapload of additional content, plus (I believe) moderately upgraded visuals.  The game does still show its age some, but personally that doesn't bother me. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2023, 10:07:55 PM
Is this worth getting? Is it somewhat true to D&D gameplay?

I had the old one 20ish years ago and loved it.

NWN is a very good game. It is based on the 3e D&D ruleset. I think the graphics still hold up but I am not bothered by older-looking graphics.

So if you are looking for a 1e or 2e experience, the old SSI games are available and quite playable as long as you do not mind limited UI functionality. Pool of Radiance and the like still plays with the keyboard and number pad controls.