Recent Posts

History and Tall Tales / Re: IJN Ship Production vs USN
« Last post by Undercovergeek on Today at 03:05:35 AM »
Yes
Intel Dump / Re: The PODCAST now known as "Mentioned in Dispatches" !
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Yesterday at 09:28:23 PM »
Mentioned in Dispatches Season 9 Ep 12 ~ Changes to the Charlies

https://www.armchairdragoons.com/podcast/mids9e12/
Age of Gunpowder / Re: C&C: Epic Dresden 1813 scenario.
« Last post by Cyrano on Yesterday at 07:31:26 PM »
It'll be up at 1800 CST TOMORROW.

Holler here or PM me if you'd like to join and  you're not in the SNF chat...
4X Gaming / Re: Distant Worlds 2
« Last post by ojsdad on Yesterday at 06:51:12 PM »
I think I'm going to shelve this for a bit.

1.  To do a game with 1000 star systems, it's recommended you have 8 CPU cores and 12GB RAM.  For 1000 it's 10 CPU cores and 16GB RAM and a 2000 star system game it's 12 cores and 24GB RAM!  My desktop is only 6 cores, so anything over 700 systems, I'll need to use my laptop.

2.  In my current game I'm about 130 years in.  My Galaxy Aggression is set to Chaos and Difficulty is set to Very Hard.  I've had one other empire, out of 12, declare war on me.  One. 

3.  I don't see an option to close my boarders to other empires.  I colonized a planet in a system that had a mining base in it, but the system wasn't inside the empires boarders.  I couldn't demand the base and any ships leave. 

4.  In the last few sessions, I hit the pause button, and I still see my income, money and population changing for a good 15 seconds afterwards.  Even seeing pop ups coming and disappearing while the game is paused. 

5.  It seems like the devs are forcing you the player to play a xenophile empire.  If you try and play xenophobe, you own population penalizes you.  Even when the other empire has a race that you naturally hate and they hate you in return.

The Modern World / Re: Not quite world of warships
« Last post by Gusington on Yesterday at 06:25:05 PM »
'new game moistness'  ;D

TEEHEE
Yes, it truly WERE: "The A-BOMBastic of any 'Aspectactical' **Hyperbollocks**-!-"TWO TIMES"; there: ""The 'Site'-place"" 
« Last post by GROGnadsUSA on Yesterday at 04:56:35 PM »

I recall that Japan losing pilots was a major factor as well. Not only could they not replace their aircraft losses, they couldn't train enough pilots to keep up with their new production either.

Though you would have thought training was quicker when you didn’t need to learn how to land
Hoi as 'moi' still does have-on VHS tape-some episode of "Wings of... Wherever" that proclaimed of JAPAN building around 15,000 'Jet/Rocket' Aircraft, secreted away within "Mountain Caverns" while ONLY lacking Pilots/Fuel for them! They also had the 'gravely greatest misfortune' for 'Vessels' upon their "Maiden Voyage". Thus includes 'Shinano', and some "A.S.W" Ship of which BOTH were subsequently-(pun 'issued'/'inflicted') "Sub Sunk". Particularly egregious/affrontal of the latter sort, eh?

In additions, they depict several kinds of these 'Planes' being shown in 'animations' to include duo-engine 'Bombers', or 'Fighters', and possibly of another episode, there were THEM! I also have a "1:72nd" 'Model Kit' of this.   

The Modern World / Re: Not quite world of warships
« Last post by Undercovergeek on Yesterday at 03:51:37 PM »
UCG there is an auto-build feature in Dreadnoughts. The game is an incredible labor of love.

Cheers gus

I realise now what it is - the announcement of KOH2 set off my new game moistness and the purchase finger came out - I’ve been doing this for years - a complete lack of patience for the new release you want but you end up buying a game you don’t want to fill the 2 week void 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
« Last post by Undercovergeek on Yesterday at 03:44:09 PM »
I recall that Japan losing pilots was a major factor as well. Not only could they not replace their aircraft losses, they couldn't train enough pilots to keep up with their new production either.

Though you would have thought training was quicker when you didn’t need to learn how to land
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Yesterday at 02:33:41 PM »
Nice comparison. Though nothing quite beats this one. ;D