Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Bolt Action  (Read 7485 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #15 on: July 21, 2023, 08:32:15 AM
nice!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #16 on: August 06, 2023, 12:37:44 AM
I took part in a local Bolt Action tournament today.  There were 12 players.  Each player assembled their own force of 1000 points limited to generic reinforced platoons.  We fought 3 battles over the course of a long day.

I took in my Canadians (because that's all I've got painted so far.  Just started to work on the Italians because....reasons?)  There was a DAK team, a German Channel Islands garrison team with a captured Char Bis flamethrower tank, Soviet assault engineer team, Finnish Sisu ski troops, British airborne, American airbourne, American infantry, combined Sikh-Maori Brit force, grab bag Brits (Cromwell, SAS, assault engineers, etc) and a few I can't remember.

Some very nice paint jobs (and some unfinished ones too).  I came 2nd for best painted army and 4th place overall with 2 wins and a loss.  Fun day but loooonnngggg.....I don't think I've got the staying power to play more than 2 games these days.  I was pretty done in by game 3. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #17 on: August 06, 2023, 12:39:12 AM
more pics

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #18 on: August 06, 2023, 12:40:29 AM
and more

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #19 on: August 06, 2023, 02:39:06 AM
Excellent stuff

I’m like you - 2 games is enough especially if they’re intense

All the tourneys at my old club were 3 games and then 3 the day after - couldn’t do it

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #20 on: August 06, 2023, 05:38:07 AM
Looks great  :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'