Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Mustang baby  (Read 3352 times)

judgedredd

on: April 15, 2022, 06:00:21 PM
A pic I took at Duxford...post edited of course

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 06:07:09 PM
 :applause: :bigthumb:

Nicely done!

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

judgedredd

Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 06:12:00 PM
And a bubbletop

judgedredd

Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 06:19:34 PM
Some spits

judgedredd

Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 06:43:33 PM
A wee dogfight

judgedredd

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 06:49:25 PM
And Queen of the Skies

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 10:26:30 AM
I was at the Tampa Airshow a couple of weekends back with the Blue Angels and a bunch of other planes and flights. The F-22 Raptor stole the show however, doing things no airplane should ever be able to do in the air. It was truly incredible to watch.   :notworthy:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

judgedredd

Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 12:19:44 PM
Anyone into photography (I know Barth dabbles and his wife is big on it)? What are your views on post processing?

I always looked at it as cheating - but it seems everyone does it...or can photos like the above be taken with just a camera?

judgedredd

Reply #8 on: April 16, 2022, 12:24:17 PM
I was at the Tampa Airshow a couple of weekends back with the Blue Angels and a bunch of other planes and flights. The F-22 Raptor stole the show however, doing things no airplane should ever be able to do in the air. It was truly incredible to watch.   :notworthy:
9/11 closed down all the US air shows in our area. There was RAF Mildenhall and RAF Bentwaters which were fairly close by - but at the time I wasn't really doing photography or indeed air shows. Bentwaters is closed now but Mildenhall is still there. I know a guy that often goes up and sits round about there somewhere and takes photos of jets taking off.

Unfortunately the only air show around me is Duxford. I say unfortunately - that's not a bad thing - but it seldom does jets. We did have an F35 show up once. It didn't take off or land at Duxford but it flew around for a bit. Helluva noise!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #9 on: April 16, 2022, 01:45:53 PM
We usually have the Sunderland Air Show, although its unclear if or not it will be held this year.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #10 on: April 16, 2022, 03:16:27 PM
Anyone into photography (I know Barth dabbles and his wife is big on it)? What are your views on post processing?

I always looked at it as cheating - but it seems everyone does it...or can photos like the above be taken with just a camera?

As I understand it Ansel Adams was a master of darkroom post processing. I don't see an issue with it. That is where the art comes in.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #11 on: April 16, 2022, 03:38:08 PM

As I understand it Ansel Adams was a master of darkroom post processing. I don't see an issue with it. That is where the art comes in.

This. It is possible to. take photographs that turn out looking like they were processed. But lots pro photos are post processed to get the most out of the picture.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners