Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Return to Dark Tower by Restoration Games  (Read 3395 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
on: April 21, 2022, 09:37:54 PM

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 11:04:26 AM
A friend of mine got this game and invited our gaming group over for some (rare) in-person gaming. We all loved it, admittedly partly because of the chrome of an app-driven game that features a motorized tower that rotates, flashes, roars, and shoots skulls out at you.

When I inquired how much he paid for it with the Kickstarter, he told he had purchased two and was willing to sell me his additional copy basically for his cost (and it included many of the additional stretch goals). Copies on E-Bay and BGG are going for 50% or more over the Kickstarter price, so I purchased his copy.

We played three games over Spring Break--my wife really enjoyed it, and my teenage kids tolerated hanging out with their parents for a couple of hours. So it's a big hit at least for Mrs. TC and me.

One note--We've lost both games played with four players, but won both played with two players.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 11:37:06 AM
We played the heck out the original back in the day. I would love a copy of the new version but there's no way I'm paying outrageous prices for it.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 08:46:57 PM
It was pricey, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I was happy to get it so quickly, actually. I think there's a lot of people still waiting for their order.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 07:28:27 AM
I don't think the Kickstarter price was bad, I mean the current "you missed the Kickstarter" prices.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 09:14:24 AM
I don't think the Kickstarter price was bad, I mean the current "you missed the Kickstarter" prices.

Yeah, I was lucky that my buddy was happy to sell me his extra at the KS price, not the market rate.