Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: The Boys: This Is Going To Hurt  (Read 3290 times)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
on: May 22, 2022, 07:44:48 AM
This is a new game from 1First Games; it's apparently a competitive game where players are trying to recruit the strongest team to take down Homelander. I've only delved into the game a bit so far, reading some of the manual last night, so the competitive side doesn't make a lot of sense given that The Boys are a team. But there is a solo mode, and perhaps the competitive nature of the game is to make it more challenging, since Homelander is a beast to take down.

In any case, what really drew me to this is that it is based on the comic, not the Prime series. There's characters and equipment that are in the game that are in the comic, and therefore you won't see that in the much watered-down Prime series (which I'm still watching as it does occasionally offer a glimpse into the very sick world of the comic).

The art is fantastic; the minis are terrific; and I feel like an utter nerd that I recognize each and every one of the characters in the minis and cards.

I'd gone to my FLGS, which I don't do except when I take in a movie as it's in the same shopping center and within a short walking distance. I'd told myself I would buy no new games, that I'd just look around to kill time. Well I looked around and was soon looking right into the game box and was surprised as I'd not heard of this game. For better or worse, it's mine now, and an unboxing article is coming soon with more pics and discussion.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)