Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: All "Scourge of War" games being de-listed TODAY!!  (Read 3774 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
on: September 01, 2022, 04:51:30 AM
(This perhaps falls under the heading of "old news" and/or "no one really cares", but I felt it should at least be mentioned...) 

Quick add them to your Slitherine/Matrix and/or Steam libraries NOW (if you haven't already)! 

https://www.matrixgames.com/news/important-information-about-the-scourge-of-war-series

« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 05:15:39 AM by Martok »

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 08:02:26 PM
Why are they doing this?

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 04:43:58 AM
Your guess is as good as (and probably than) mine.  I'm honestly baffled, as I thought the Scourge of War titles did reasonably well.  But maybe sales weren't really the problem?  I dunno. 

What I find even weirder is that -- until yesterday -- Matrix/Slitherine was advertising a sale for Scourge of War Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection...and now it's discontinued.  :o  It feels like there's a real disconnect somewhere. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 06:33:38 AM
‘’Latest news from the Scourge of War Board.

Scourge of War Update
Post by norb » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:17 am

After taking a few years off, we are back looking at the games and what can be done to make them better. The games will no longer be for sale for the 'hopefully' short term. NSD has parted ways with Slitherine and thanks them for the many years of support.
NSD Programmer/Producer’’

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 06:45:52 AM
Maybe Norbsoft will self-publish directly through Steam going forward. I wonder how Steam's 30% cut compares to the one Slithering was getting.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 07:27:40 AM
Well, I guess it was only a matter of time for some Norb drama. I enjoyed the Civil War version of the game but I honestly have not played it in years.