Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Might & Melee (Fistful of Lead fantasy version)  (Read 3337 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
on: October 02, 2022, 10:01:44 AM
Cross-posted from the "What's on Your Table" thread

We played an epic 4 player game of Fistful of Lead's fantasy version MIght & Melee series. I love the Fistful of Lead ruleset. My plans are for a post-apocalyptic campaign game to bring my childhood dream of playing in a Thundar the Barbarian game to life. Heavy use of felt for the river, indicating the forest and rough terrain areas, the bridges. The table mat is a Cigar Box terrain mat I picked up at the Southern Front miniature convention last weekend. I made my own specially marked card deck with a permanent marker. Placed some books under the game mat for hills. I need to make some foam hills to smooth out the terrain for gameplay. All in all, I think it looks good and worked for us to have a lot of fun.

Oldest Daughter: Orcs. The bloodthirsty trait ended up being her bane as her orcs were in constant hand-to-hand combat

Boy 1: Human adventures. He just spent the game hunting his sister's orcs.

Boy 2: Ogre and kobalds. The ogre tied up my dwarves all game until I finally slew him.

Me: Dwarves and a halfling. The slow movement trait was crippling as I tried so very hard to bypass the ogre, grab the treasure and leave the board.

Although, I won by default as the humans and orcs slaughtered each other and the kobolds wanted in on the action.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love