Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: IJN Ship Production vs USN  (Read 4442 times)

Steelie

• Corporal
on: November 24, 2022, 12:30:11 PM
I came across this little gem on Reddit. Nothing new to fellow historians and gamers but still fascinating to see in a visual form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ag2x3CS9M&ab_channel=MilitaryHistoryVisualized

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 01:29:00 PM
That is incredible to see in that sort of comparative format.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 01:50:13 PM
I thought so! Watch it at a slower speed if you have a few minutes. Good stuff.

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 11:13:50 PM
If this impresses you.  Or deptesses you if you root for the Rising Sun, don't think about aircraft production.
From beginning in 1939 to 1945, Japan produced about 76,300 aircraft.  About six Yeats of production.
In 1943, the US produced about 85,900

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 10:54:44 AM
I recall that Japan losing pilots was a major factor as well. Not only could they not replace their aircraft losses, they couldn't train enough pilots to keep up with their new production either.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 02:33:41 PM
Nice comparison. Though nothing quite beats this one. ;D

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 03:44:09 PM
I recall that Japan losing pilots was a major factor as well. Not only could they not replace their aircraft losses, they couldn't train enough pilots to keep up with their new production either.

Though you would have thought training was quicker when you didn’t need to learn how to land

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 04:56:35 PM

Though you would have thought training was quicker when you didn’t need to learn how to land
Hoi as 'moi' still does have-on VHS tape-some episode of "Wings of... Wherever" that proclaimed of JAPAN building around 15,000 'Jet/Rocket' Aircraft, secreted away within "Mountain Caverns" while ONLY lacking Pilots/Fuel for them! They also had the 'gravely greatest misfortune' for 'Vessels' upon their "Maiden Voyage". Thus includes 'Shinano', and some "A.S.W" Ship of which BOTH were subsequently-(pun 'issued'/'inflicted') "Sub Sunk". Particularly egregious/affrontal of the latter sort, eh?

In additions, they depict several kinds of these 'Planes' being shown in 'animations' to include duo-engine 'Bombers', or 'Fighters', and possibly of another episode, there were THEM! I also have a "1:72nd" 'Model Kit' of this.   

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 03:05:35 AM
Yes

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #9 on: November 26, 2022, 01:14:03 PM
Maybe

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 01:19:23 PM

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)