Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 226265 times)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #60 on: November 29, 2018, 03:21:07 PM
Yes, but I brushed it off.  :whistle:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #61 on: November 29, 2018, 07:06:22 PM
You really rolled out that comeback.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #62 on: December 01, 2018, 12:52:48 AM
Last week consisted of playing Warehouse Move : The Game. It was a debacle. Do not recommend. This week is Inventory : The Game. It doesn't feature the snafus, but it's a lot more dull and offers no options for testing the demolition capabilities of a rental forklift.

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #63 on: December 01, 2018, 05:23:32 PM
Counters punched and clipped, so I've moved on to sorting and storing.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #64 on: December 01, 2018, 05:30:19 PM
 :bigthumb:

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #65 on: December 03, 2018, 09:00:06 AM
I didn't realize Order of Battle games were linked!

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #66 on: December 07, 2018, 08:18:15 AM
Club Game Day tomorrow. Will be playing a WWII Spearhead scenario for both sessions.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/10916/spearhead

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #67 on: December 07, 2018, 09:00:32 AM
If I get any game time it will be Mutant Year Zero, Stellaris, and maybe check out Strategic Command WWII: World at War.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #68 on: December 07, 2018, 09:23:12 AM
Probably Stellaris. Fired it up last night after the new update. World management has changed... a LOT! Gonna take a bit to take just that in. Lots of other small changes as well.. kinda like a new game.
Haven't bought the MegaCorp DLC yet... but I won't hold out too long..  :P

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #69 on: December 08, 2018, 04:44:20 AM
I'll be playing 'By Shot, Shock and Faith' By Hexasim, which finally arrived yesterday.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

chemkid

Reply #70 on: December 08, 2018, 06:42:15 AM
right now, playing one of my solo eldritch horror sessions - first few mythos cards against 'the elder things' this time... way to go! :)

enjoy your weekend!
chem!

edit: should really be doing different stuff, also some never watched YT vids of 'scourge of war waterloo' are nagging at the back of my head...   :groovy:

link to YT series: http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/waterloo-media-section/75397-new-scourge-of-war-waterloo-video-series-on-youtube
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 06:56:27 AM by chemkid »

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #71 on: December 08, 2018, 08:30:56 AM
If I get any game time it will be Mutant Year Zero, Stellaris, and maybe check out Strategic Command WWII: World at War.

Did you buy Mutant Year 0 PC game or are you talking about the RPG?  I was not that impressed with the RPG - the meta story line seems pretty limiting.

As for me, I'm grading cases this weekend and going to see Auburn play Dayton in Men's Basketball Saturday night.  Then I have to write 3 finals - not that many will be taking them.  IF I get all of that done on Saturday & Sunday, then I finally finished up replaying PanzerKreig so my core force is ready for EndKreig in OOB WW2.  It took 2 weeks to play through Blitzkreig and PanzerKreig to get my core forces and leaders for EndKreig.  The price you pay when you update a game engine.

The PC game. For the RPG, I have been just ignoring the story line and running it my own way. I do like the rules.
Also, if you have any interest, the rules that add pure strain humans to the mix is currently on Kickstarter.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #72 on: December 14, 2018, 09:52:50 AM
Grabbed Thrones of Britannia during it 'sale' this week. But will probably be finishing my latest Attila campaign first. Maybe do some IL2 BoX flights in JU 88, He-111 or PE2.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #73 on: December 14, 2018, 10:08:38 AM
3 weeks of glorious stress free gaming... or that's what it was supposed to be until my wife's friends and their awful kid decided to come visit for 4 days between Christmas and New Year's... ah well... still no work!

Got a bathroom to finish in the basement.

Stellaris to play with out the MegaCorp DLC... at least as long as I can hold out.
Learn how to fly properly in IL-2 Stalingrad... maybe join Tuna on line so he can have someone to laugh at.
Fight urge to buy new BattleTech DLC until I at least play more of the original campaign.

Holland '44 on the table to learn and bash away at.

And my wife bought a new 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle... something we do every year at Christmas.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #74 on: December 14, 2018, 10:38:30 AM
I now have four JTS Napoleonic games running at the same time via PBEM.  All games that do not permit some form of MP should really self-examine.

Finish up and begin playtesting "Et Sans Resultat!" Teugen-Hausen set for Tabletop Simulator.  Its a fascinating system that wants to smash more than a few TTG Napoleonic conventions.  I hope it works.

The second round of the FoG2 Christmas Tourney has begun.  The first one went so well...

And, oh yes, the 1809 KS!

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor