Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Playing in "Saturday Night FIghts", &c.  (Read 56418 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #60 on: June 03, 2021, 06:04:01 AM
Not really, any would be good. However, I don't have a copy of the rules although Doug does. Not sure if or not Jim does either, plus it would need someone to make a TTS mod for it, so its all a bit of a tenuous idea at present. There again, I'd go with any set of ECW or even 30YW rules provided they are fairly easy to play.

I'll check with Wofun to see if they sell the rules separately, although as far as I'm aware, you only get a .pdf copy when you purchase on the army packs.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

JasonPratt

• Lancer
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #61 on: June 09, 2021, 04:09:19 PM
As an aside, I think YT unsubscribed me somehow from your channel! I was going to send a link to it, but when I went to go look, I couldn't find it in my subscriptions or in my recent notifications, despite being sure I saw y'all playing things in the past few days.  :o

....relatedly, I've forgotten the name of the video channel, so I can't look it up that way either.  :waah: :face:

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #62 on: June 09, 2021, 04:32:04 PM
As an aside, I think YT unsubscribed me somehow from your channel! I was going to send a link to it, but when I went to go look, I couldn't find it in my subscriptions or in my recent notifications, despite being sure I saw y'all playing things in the past few days.  :o

....relatedly, I've forgotten the name of the video channel, so I can't look it up that way either.  :waah: :face:

Go here:

https://youtube.com/channel/UCP6hA1_EvjQQGYdlMGLoYfA
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 04:34:24 PM by Barthheart »

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #63 on: June 09, 2021, 04:53:31 PM

It's my name.

We are not legion.

You should play games again with us soon.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

Redd Saxx

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #64 on: June 16, 2021, 10:17:58 PM
could not find a enter place for sat la' salle I am in

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #65 on: June 17, 2021, 03:37:07 PM
could not find a enter place for sat la' salle I am in

Is it part of the June ACDC?

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

Dan22Daly

• Jr. Trooper
  • fortune favors the bold
Reply #66 on: July 07, 2021, 11:42:59 AM
What are we doing tonight.  I am having dinner with my daughter for here birthday but I should be back in time to game.  We will be moving over  the next two and half weeks so I might not be available over that time 

Amelia

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #67 on: July 11, 2021, 09:48:21 PM
I am here to toss my hat in the proverbial ring, if only because I need to play with or against Chrono at some point.

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #68 on: July 11, 2021, 10:39:57 PM
I am here to toss my hat in the proverbial ring, if only because I need to play with or against Chrono at some point.

Excellent...

Excellent...

You are most welcome.

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #69 on: July 12, 2021, 04:23:44 PM

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

Melchett_baaah

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #70 on: August 07, 2021, 06:34:09 PM
Hello Dragoons,  I want to introduce myself and hopefully join the party as my kids start going back to school.  My name is Ray Musselman, I'm from Pickerington Ohio, a suburb of Columbus.  My wife and I are originally from Apple Creek, a small town in Northeastern Ohio south of Cleveland.  I started watching the Saturday night game early during the lockdown and really enjoyed it.  One result of that was I became heavily immersed into all versions of Command and Colors and love exploring all the other rule sets out there.

I've been into the hobby since the late seventies (Empire III my first rules) but most of my serious gaming was done in the past 20 years with a local group and a homebrew system we adapted to everything with a musket, as well as Ancients and Micro Armor. Coinciding with the pandemic the group has moved to all different parts of the US and my gaming habits need to adapt. I really enjoyed discovering TTS and all the rules sets you've covered which I haven't tried over the past few years.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #71 on: August 07, 2021, 06:52:35 PM
Welcome!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Dalinore

• Trooper
Reply #72 on: August 14, 2021, 04:05:09 PM
Welcome, I just have to tell this is a great bunch of people, Jim is a great host with SNF. Playing games with this group is one of the things I have enjoyed in the past year and a half I have joined. I am sure if you send Cyrano a message we can get you in a game.

Melchett_baaah

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #73 on: August 18, 2021, 05:36:15 PM
Thanks Dalinore. I appreciate the welcome. I started watching SNF sometime last year originally to learn some of the rule sets I was interested in. It didn't take long to pick up on what a great group this was and what an incredible Host Jim is. It just took a little while for me to get fully engaged.

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #74 on: August 18, 2021, 05:39:13 PM
You're both terribly kind.

And there's a game posted for TONIGHT!