Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Playing in "Saturday Night FIghts", &c.  (Read 56346 times)

Dan22Daly

• Jr. Trooper
  • fortune favors the bold
Reply #75 on: August 22, 2021, 08:15:36 PM
Hello Dragoons,  I want to introduce myself and hopefully join the party as my kids start going back to school.  My name is Ray Musselman, I'm from Pickerington Ohio, a suburb of Columbus.  My wife and I are originally from Apple Creek, a small town in Northeastern Ohio south of Cleveland.  I started watching the Saturday night game early during the lockdown and really enjoyed it.  One result of that was I became heavily immersed into all versions of Command and Colors and love exploring all the other rule sets out there.

I've been into the hobby since the late seventies (Empire III my first rules) but most of my serious gaming was done in the past 20 years with a local group and a homebrew system we adapted to everything with a musket, as well as Ancients and Micro Armor. Coinciding with the pandemic the group has moved to all different parts of the US and my gaming habits need to adapt. I really enjoyed discovering TTS and all the rules sets you've covered which I haven't tried over the past few years.

Hey I grew up in Reynoldsburg and drive to Columbus all the time.  I am out in the Cambridge area.  We need to get together and do some Commands & Colors

Destruct30

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #76 on: September 10, 2021, 04:25:01 PM
Hey everyone, I'm finally back in the same time zone as you! No more starting at midnight for me!

MikeQ

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #77 on: October 11, 2021, 05:45:15 AM
Howdy, I’m Mike, currently upside down from you in Canberra Australia for a few more months until I head back to Fort Drum in the middle of winter because I hate happiness and sunshine.

I am going to try and coordinate time to actually give this a go sometime if another Blucher game comes up. The 1800-1900 start time on Saturday is perfect for my Sunday morning here in Australia now that I’ve got other things finally sorted and have some time for gaming again. Look forward to trying to get my hat in the ring to join you all.

"My logisticians are a humorless lot. They know they are the first ones I will slay if my campaign fails." - Alexander the Great

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #78 on: October 11, 2021, 06:32:56 AM
welcome, and enjoy!

(and yeah, Ft Drum in the winter sounds pretty miserable)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Achilles

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #79 on: November 10, 2021, 04:16:11 PM
I would be very interested in playing in a game sometime if you have an available slot. I have downloaded Steam, and TTS. I have a headset and Mic, and a new computer that may actually be a flamethrower lol. I have friended you on Steam as well. If I missed any steps please let me know. P.S. I have also signed up for your Blucher game for SDHistcon for Friday and I am looking forward to it.

Dan22Daly

• Jr. Trooper
  • fortune favors the bold
Reply #80 on: November 23, 2021, 08:42:15 AM
It looks like we have cobbled together a system that might make it possible  to play a game.  How stable it will be is to be determined but we can only try.
So, is there a game Wednesday or will I have to wait for Saturday   

Ravensworth

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr. Trooper
Reply #81 on: May 17, 2022, 01:59:04 PM
 I have downloaded Steam, and TTS. I have a headset and Mic, and am friends with you on Steam. I know you said contact you on discord but I cannot find the server. Take pity on an old man and help me find it.

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #82 on: May 17, 2022, 09:44:04 PM
Cyrano#3236

Is me over on Discord.  Should be able to get you to the server from there :).

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

Mineshaft_Canary

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #83 on: October 20, 2022, 01:20:49 PM
I'd be interested in getting in on one of these.  A few things:

-I don't have a lot of miniature experience.  I played a game of Close Action once and had a blast, but the guy running the game did all the rules heavy lifting,
-I have very little knowledge of age of gunpowder/Napoleonic tactics.  I'm willing to learn of course, if there any YouTube videos/channels that have a good overview.  Book suggestions would also be welcome.

Mostly, it just looks really fun.  Thanks  :).

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #84 on: October 20, 2022, 03:41:29 PM
-I don't have a lot of miniature experience.  I played a game of Close Action once and had a blast, but the guy running the game did all the rules heavy lifting,

Jim is an excellent teacher and will guide you through all the necessities

-I have very little knowledge of age of gunpowder/Napoleonic tactics. 

You''ll probably kick everyone's ass then!  ;D

it's a blast!  :party:

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Mineshaft_Canary

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #85 on: October 22, 2022, 08:28:10 PM
Sent friend requests to Cyrano on Steam and Discord.  Is there a Steam Group for Armchair Dragoons?  I couldn't find one?

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #86 on: October 22, 2022, 08:52:26 PM
Sent friend requests to Cyrano on Steam and Discord.  Is there a Steam Group for Armchair Dragoons?  I couldn't find one?

There is one, but we don't do much with it

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #87 on: October 23, 2022, 10:46:33 AM

Scroll to the bottom of the page here, the steam group link is there. In the group you can find Cyrano.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Mineshaft_Canary

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #88 on: October 23, 2022, 04:12:57 PM
Thanks, joined.

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #89 on: November 23, 2022, 11:01:05 AM
I'd be interested in getting in on one of these.  A few things:

-I have very little knowledge of age of gunpowder/Napoleonic tactics.  I'm willing to learn of course, if there any YouTube videos/channels that have a good overview.  Book suggestions would also be welcome.

Have you made your way to the Saturday Night Fights Discord chat.  It's sort of our boarding area for gaming sorties.  Love to have you there soon...

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor