Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Warhammer 3!  (Read 39873 times)

Yskonyn

• Jr Lancer
  • Running an online thing is like herding cats
Reply #210 on: September 10, 2022, 04:13:47 PM
Perhaps its been discussed already, if so please accept my apologies; but do I need to have WH1 and 2 installed in order to be able to play those factions in WH3’s Immortal Empire mode or is owning them on Steam good enough?

Also, not that the trilogy is sort of complete, which campaign do you guys recommend to learn the game mechanics with? Its been a long time since I played any Total War, let alone Warhammer.

Thanks!

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #211 on: September 11, 2022, 04:14:47 AM
Perhaps its been discussed already, if so please accept my apologies; but do I need to have WH1 and 2 installed in order to be able to play those factions in WH3’s Immortal Empire mode or is owning them on Steam good enough?

You only need to own the other two games on Steam.  Installing them is unnecessary. 

Also, not that the trilogy is sort of complete, which campaign do you guys recommend to learn the game mechanics with? Its been a long time since I played any Total War, let alone Warhammer.

Presuming you're talking about WH3, then you probably want to check out "The Lost God" campaign.  It essentially serves as the game's tutorial campaign, and by at least a few accounts I've read, it actually does a decent job of teaching you the game's mechanics and features. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Yskonyn

• Jr Lancer
Reply #212 on: September 11, 2022, 04:10:29 PM
Cheers, Martok!

Well I am not sure if there’s any compelling reason to start one of the campaigns of the first two games over the one in WH3 before going to Mortal Empires, which seems to be like ‘the’ campaign .

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #213 on: September 11, 2022, 10:08:52 PM
Mortal Empires is massive and makes my head hurt. Sometimes there is too much of a good thing.

Always do what you feel is best.

Yskonyn

• Jr Lancer
Reply #214 on: September 12, 2022, 10:13:40 AM
Well I just finished the tutorial campaign.
Took me almost 7 hours and a couple of reloads due to some parts of the UI glitching out, preventing me from continuing my turn.
Overall I enjoyed it very much. It's a cool story and for once I feel the tutorial in a Total War game is quite clear in what it wants you to do. :)

I've now started the Chaos Campaign and was delighted to see the story from the tutorial to continue, albeit from a different angle. Strong start so far.

I did encounter various glitches as said. Quite annoying snags like menus or info screens presented on top of eachother, while preventing any input to get rid of the situation. Also some turn button glitches preventing me to continue, as said. Performance seems very decent on Ultra, even with big battles so far.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #215 on: November 02, 2022, 07:38:30 PM
State of the Game: 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/sotg-oct22/

Highlights: 

1.)  More endgame/crisis scenarios are coming (and will probably cover all races eventually)
2.)  Minor settlement battles will continue to be balanced/worked on
3.)  Update 2.3 will be released before the end of the year

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #216 on: March 12, 2023, 05:34:22 AM
The news is almost a month old now, but Immortal Empires officially launched: 

I'll admit, it's fun seeing the Order-tide factions gathered in one place...and Thorgrim (naturally) being the one who's doing his best to spoil Karl's efforts.  :hehe: 

And of course, the 2.4 update dropped alongside Immortal Empires: 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-update-240/

The big announcement here was that players now only need to own Warhammer 3 in order to access the Immortal Empires campaign, rather than needing to own all three games.  This appears to be have been met with a largely positive reception among the fanbase, including/even those who already owned the first Warhammer titles. 

And in other news: 

I am a whore.  I am a huge whore who can't resist a decent sale price.  Sigh. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #217 on: March 12, 2023, 07:07:15 AM
 :2funny:

Weak!!

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #218 on: March 12, 2023, 10:33:38 AM
Gaming floozy! It's ok we've been expecting you. We have cookies.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #219 on: March 29, 2023, 08:10:26 PM
In what was news to no one -- much less by the time it was officially announced a couple weeks ago -- the Chaos Dwarfs are coming: 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2059190/Total_War_WARHAMMER_III__Forge_of_the_Chaos_Dwarfs/

The only the thing that surprises me is that the DLC is being released next month already.  Given how tight-lipped CA has been about the game -- they *still* haven't released an official roadmap -- combined with their continued overall poor communication with (and management of) the fan community, I didn't imagine the expansion would be coming out this soon. 

The other thing raising eyebrows, of course, is the DLC's price: $24.99 USD (unless you preorder it).  Not sure how I feel about that, myself, other than "mixed".  I'm certainly not happy about it, but on the other hand, it was bound to happen eventually -- and I guess "eventually" has finally arrived.  Other companies like Paradox have similarly started raising the price on DLC (and base games) in the past year or two, so while it's obviously not good news, I'm not exactly surprised by it either. 

In either case, it's a moot point for me personally, as -- unlike approximately 99% of the fanbase (from what I can tell) -- I have no interest in the Chaos Dwarfs.  I'm already happy with the faction/lord selection available to me, particularly since I do own both the 1st and 2nd Warhammer titles, plus a good amount of the previous DLC.  (In fact, I've still barely scratched the surface when it comes to sampling the immense variety of flavors & play-styles the game now offers; and I don't anticipate running out of choices anytime soon!) 

:2funny:

Weak!!

Gaming floozy! It's ok we've been expecting you. We have cookies.

I knew you two would understand.  :hug: 

« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 02:48:53 AM by Martok »

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #220 on: March 29, 2023, 08:12:22 PM

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #221 on: March 29, 2023, 08:24:24 PM
I was a chaos dwarf before it was cool.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #222 on: March 29, 2023, 09:28:17 PM
I guess it’s worth the money if you are a real c dwarf fan

I always remember them as an add on to WH, cool but no great lore to them until GW decided there was money to be made - same as ogres

Still not getting my buttons pressed by 3 and took the inevitable decision to uninstall 2 and 1 the other day - I think I’m done but that’s the beauty of steam if I want to go back

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #223 on: March 30, 2023, 03:02:58 AM
I only picked up WH3 because I was able to get it 50% off.  No way was I ever going to pay more than that, especially when I'm only interested in two of the game's playable factions (Kislev and Grand Cathay).  Granted, the game does also include numerous improvements & features (that the first two games lack) that interested me as well. 

That being said, I'm probably going to take a break from Warhammer III for a bit.  I've been running into numerous issues -- nothing that make the game "unplayable", just annoying stuff -- that I hope to see get fixed and/or addressed at some further point down the line.  And it's not like I don't have this ridiculous backlog of other games I badly want to play in the meantime.  :silly: 

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #224 on: March 30, 2023, 09:26:33 AM
I pre-ordered it for Cathay and Kislev, mofos! Still hurts :/