Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Second Front WW2 TBS strategy  (Read 5299 times)

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 11:58:05 AM
Yes, weapons can be repaired and put back into operation or not and remain broken. Not sure about ammo limitations. Weapons can also be captured and used if the units are the correct type, crews for guns, squads for MG's and mortars, Leaders for single weapons--bazooka for instance. However not all the weapons abilities maybe available such as limits to type of ammo.

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 11:48:14 AM
Having fun with this. It's really well done. Some warts to be polished off but nothing that stops the fun.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Double Deuce

• Jr. Trooper
    • Combat Campaigns
Reply #17 on: February 04, 2023, 08:58:49 PM
Having fun with this. It's really well done. Some warts to be polished off but nothing that stops the fun.

I've been wondering about how bug free this game might be (was disappointed with "Tigers on the Hunt" another SL/ASL type clone. Alot of the complaints I see appear to be from people who have never played a tactical board wargame, much less SL/ASL. At least if the developer is going to actively tweak it, that would be a good sign. Looking forward to more feedback. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 09:01:38 PM by Double Deuce »

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #18 on: February 04, 2023, 10:29:35 PM

I've been wondering about how bug free this game might be (was disappointed with "Tigers on the Hunt" another SL/ASL type clone. Alot of the complaints I see appear to be from people who have never played a tactical board wargame, much less SL/ASL. At least if the developer is going to actively tweak it, that would be a good sign. Looking forward to more feedback. 

I haven't come across any bugs. There maybe some need of scenario tweaking/balancing, but everything works the way it should. I read off one bug in the saving of progress during campaigns not working correctly but the Dev says he's on it.
To me, this game plays smoother than Tigers on the Hunt. Just feels better.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #19 on: February 04, 2023, 10:52:45 PM
Yeah, I had one, just one, instance of the mouse cursor disappearing briefly from the screen. It was interacting with the objects on the screen but was just not visible for a minute. Happened two or three times but came right back on immediately after. It was during the tutorial where you're trying to capture the enemy soldiers and I was spinning the camera around and in & out trying to see where the stairs were at in the buildings. Probably just a camera spinning thing. Otherwise, no problems here. Also the AI does it's turns very quickly, almost too quickly sometimes. So no need to sit and wait for it to get done with it's part.  :bigthumb:

Double Deuce

• Jr. Trooper
    • Combat Campaigns
Reply #20 on: February 05, 2023, 01:37:57 PM
Speaking of the AI, since it's a solo player game . . . challenging/predicable?

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #21 on: February 05, 2023, 02:04:07 PM
It's pretty good. It does make, what I think at the time are, some questionable moves sometimes but overall it seems OK. I'd say above average. At least what I've seem so far.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #22 on: February 05, 2023, 11:26:49 PM
I agree. I won my first scenario last night, "The Farmhouse", Ger. vs Russ. The LOS Tool is a must and so easy to use, just hit the 'F' key and move the courser over any hex to see what is visible from there. It almost felt like cheating a little. I made one huge mistake by moving into a hex visible by the enemy and they routed 2 squads and a leader with MG fire.  :doh:  But I recovered and won in the end. After I hit the, 'A Few More Turns' button and was surprised to see the Russians rally and make a come back after the Victory Location over the next several turns before I was able to totally eliminate them. It was great fun.