Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: December 21, 2019 -- "Blucher": The Battle of Teugn-Hausen  (Read 8104 times)

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #15 on: December 24, 2019, 10:57:34 AM
Definitely agree with you. I think it is fine as is, but i think it certainly could be considered to have reinforcements under that sort of 'blind' box that hides our dice. If I had no idea how big Davout's command was I wouldve been more likely to press my troops forward.

In Hundred Days 20 by Victory point games, decoy units come in face down along with the reinforcements, and wouldn't be revealed until within LOC.  Maybe something similar would be fun? Enjoying playing the system either way but I am always up for increased fog of war.

Yes, something like the decoys in the Napoleon 20 system are probably a good idea here. We don't want to make thing too cumbersome, but your observation about not committing troops that you might have is spot on.

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #16 on: December 24, 2019, 01:35:11 PM
There are mechanisms to be sure, but the real way to do this, of course, is the MP KS that "Snappy Nappy" allows.

Which is the "Flight of the Eagle" KS with minis.

Which is why we're doin' it :).

None of these systems I've been poking at really do good FoW without another table or two.  I was quite surprised to discover how quickly the cards get revealed in "Blucher".  Honestly, I'm almost of the mind that they're not worth the bother.

Don't get me wrong, I really, really like a number of them (Blucher is presently at the top along side C&C which is an entirely different game), but FoW is something best sought in the arms of Von Reisswitz.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor