Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 226663 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #900 on: May 02, 2021, 12:19:16 AM
I could've used that yesterday...  :face: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #901 on: May 02, 2021, 11:59:45 AM
Still say a hammer works better.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #902 on: May 02, 2021, 02:00:51 PM
I have Mosby's Raiders on my table now, one of my all-time favorites. Someone reached out to me on BGG asking if I could do an overview video, which surprised me. I might work on that today.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #903 on: May 02, 2021, 04:07:46 PM
This weekend (so far):

1807 KS -- Two turns run

Shako 2 -- played

Altar of Freedom: Antietam -- Built, but that was mostly done anyway.

Chain of Command: Storming the Citadel (V) -- built but not complete

Pikeman's Lament -- Built

Sooper Secret Shako 2/Lasalle 2 project -- In Progress

Avanti!

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #904 on: May 14, 2021, 06:45:35 PM
I was supposed to get together with a friend tomorrow for a game of ASL.  But it's about 100 miles round trip to and from his house, and gas is scarce around here, so we're going to postpone our face-to-face reunion and play VASL instead.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #905 on: May 14, 2021, 10:48:27 PM
Am still enjoying Stellaris, but at the same time, I'm (finally) starting to feel like I need a break from it.  Kinda in more of an RPG mood at the moment -- perhaps I should spend some time really diving into Pillars of Eternity after all this time...  ::) 

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #906 on: May 15, 2021, 06:12:58 AM
Most likely some more OST 'Phantom Division'

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #907 on: May 15, 2021, 11:51:14 AM
My weekend looks booked for the incredibly realistic 'Vegetable Garden Simulator' and the so realistic you can feel and smell it 'Flower Bed Mulch Simulator'

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #908 on: May 15, 2021, 12:17:05 PM
My weekend looks booked for the incredibly realistic 'Vegetable Garden Simulator' and the so realistic you can feel and smell it 'Flower Bed Mulch Simulator'

At least you're not playing the "trying to repair a busted kitchen drain" simulator with the "clogged pipes" DLC and the "leak somewhere under the kitchen floorboard" expansion

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #909 on: May 15, 2021, 01:38:42 PM
Almost as much fun as the 'Where can I find an electrician at this time on a Saturday night' simulator.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #910 on: May 15, 2021, 01:49:05 PM

At least you're not playing the "trying to repair a busted kitchen drain" simulator with the "clogged pipes" DLC and the "leak somewhere under the kitchen floorboard" expansion

Almost as much fun as the 'Where can I find an electrician at this time on a Saturday night' simulator.

Ug ... I think I'll let y'all play those and just read the review when you're done.

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #911 on: May 15, 2021, 06:14:08 PM
My F2F ASL play with my friend planned for today was postponed because of the gas shortage, so we played on VASL instead.

The scenario we’re playing is a bit different, but it’s a good combined arms situation, with infantry, anti tank guns, and armor.  My aggressiveness paid off when I maneuvered a couple of German squads in a tree line near one of his Shermans. German squads have inherent Panzerfausts, and one of my squads also had a Panzerschreck. And every single squad missed the damn tank.  :doh:  Really?  He maneuvered his tank away from that threat, only to be immobilized by my 76L. But with most of my AT options exhausted for that turn, he pushed his other Sherman into a flanking position on my 76L. Next turn those two will trade shots with each other, and that could decide the game.   My emplaced gun is hard to hit, but if does get hit, it will hurt. On the other hand, my gun can hit his tank easier, but with only about a 50 percent chance of taking it out if I hit it.  Should be tense.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #912 on: May 15, 2021, 11:01:33 PM
Nice.  :bigthumb: 

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #913 on: May 15, 2021, 11:53:21 PM
Sounds like it's turning out to be a well-balanced game. Some days that's the best you can hope for

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #914 on: May 16, 2021, 03:37:40 PM
My local group fought the Battle of Hohenlinden using Bill Gray's Age of Eagles rules - https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31025/age-eagles

There were 3 French players vs 5 Austrians with a neutral GM. We played for 6 solid hours and ended in a draw. The Austrians pushed hard against the French right, but did not break through. It was a stalemate on the French left. The Austrians did not have the strength to advance. I started to push Legrand's troops out, but the game ended before I could make contact with the Austrians. We could have easily played a second session, but this was scheduled as a one day event.

This the table at start, looking at the Austrian initial deployment. Those are two of the Austrian columns I faced. My troops are out of view on the right of the photo. I formed a solid line with four batteries of guns in the line. My cav was held in reserve. The Austrians declined to assault my line and tried to slide toward the center.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.