Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Windsor Castle 1085  (Read 4072 times)

besilarius

• Corporal
on: January 22, 2020, 07:48:57 AM
Archeologists have reconstructed Windsor Castle from construction and then two major expansions.
This should be of great interest to miniaturists and to castle builders in various games.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/windsor-castle-original-size-reconstruction-medieval-fortress-a8321766.html

The article notes that a later expansion included a roof being "cunningly" painted to appear to be stone.
Do we detect the dab hand of Bawb at work?

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 08:24:43 AM
Archeologists have reconstructed Windsor Castle from construction and then two major expansions.
This should be of great interest to miniaturists and to castle builders in various games.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/windsor-castle-original-size-reconstruction-medieval-fortress-a8321766.html

The article notes that a later expansion included a roof being "cunningly" painted to appear to be stone.
Do we detect the dab hand of Bawb at work?

No, but if you look you can see that the artist actually included Bob's hut in the drawing.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy