Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: 1st Annual Horner Wargaming Competition - Spartan Shield -  (Read 4157 times)

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
I'm not sure if this Twitter link will show the Tweet from the The Krulak Center. I've seen other people embed Tweets and I'm not sure how they did it. If the link doesn't show the Tweet, I"ll take a screen shot of it and edit my post.

Seems Dr. Lacey at the Marine Corps University is working to find ways to encourage wargaming in the professional community via this competition. I wonder if the rules would allow The ACD to participate? I'm think Panzerde, Cyrano would be naturals for the team.

https://twitter.com/TheKrulakCenter/status/1291714807943573505

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 10:11:03 AM
If the link doesn't show the Tweet, I"ll take a screen shot of it and edit my post.

There's a mod in the forums that out-embeds the tweets.  There's occasionally a problem w/ the forum reading the tweet as a URL instead of a tweet, but it's an easy fix in the code editor view instead of the WYSIWYG view

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 12:53:25 PM
There's a mod in the forums that out-embeds the tweets.  There's occasionally a problem w/ the forum reading the tweet as a URL instead of a tweet, but it's an easy fix in the code editor view instead of the WYSIWYG view

It worked, so all must be well. Thanks for the explanation. I"ll be sue to use the code editor view if I run into a problem in the future. :bigthumb: