Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Stellaris  (Read 103016 times)

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #165 on: April 09, 2021, 12:58:52 PM
The notes are the most entertainment I've gotten all day   :bigthumb:   ;D

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #166 on: April 09, 2021, 03:53:51 PM
So this is...interesting:  Apparently press/review copies of Nemesis aren't going out until next week, so that reviewers likely won't even get their hands on the DLC until maybe a day before release. 

That worries me.  It makes me wonder if we're going to see a repeat of the disaster that was the release of MegaCorp and the 2.2 "Le Guin" update. 

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 04:08:22 PM by Martok »

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #167 on: April 09, 2021, 05:22:24 PM
Or, it's so good that they want everyone to be surprised.  :whistle:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #168 on: April 09, 2021, 05:48:36 PM
Stop pretending to be optimistic.  It's freaking me out.  :P 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #169 on: April 09, 2021, 05:53:47 PM
 >:D
I'm all in. I plan to start a new campaign when the DLC drops.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #170 on: April 09, 2021, 06:00:04 PM
Yep, I ordered to also.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #171 on: April 10, 2021, 01:12:50 AM
Looking forward to hearing your guys' take on it.  :bigthumb: 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #172 on: April 10, 2021, 08:25:02 AM
I doubt my take will be helpful. I haven't played Stellaris in quite a while. I imagine it will be like playing a different game.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #173 on: April 10, 2021, 04:06:16 PM
I imagine it will be like playing a different game.

We can only hope.  ;) 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #174 on: April 14, 2021, 10:19:23 PM
Dev Diary #209 is up a day early...and it's more patch notes! 

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/stellaris-dev-diary-209-nemesis-attack-of-the-patch-notes.1466998/

As it turns out, Paradox had immediately/already begun working on the follow-up patch (v3.01) over a week ago, which would appear to lend credence to the theory that the main 3.0 update wasn't ready for prime-time.  I suppose it still beats them releasing the update as-is (was), however. 

It's another long list of changes & fixes, if not quite as epic in length compared to the 3.0 patch notes themselves.  This one comes with a lot of fixes/improvements to the UI and modding capabilities, along with the usual bug-squashing (there's almost more of that than in the 3.0 update). 

Some of the patch notes that caught my attention: 

* If you have sufficient intel, hovering over the button to form or cancel a research agreement will now tell you how many technologies you and the other country may learn from it.
* Hovering over the button to form or cancel a commercial agreement now tells you how many credits you will gain from it (rather than you having to propose the agreement to find out).
* When you are offered a commercial agreement, you will now hear about the energy credit benefits.

* Leaving federations through events no longer generates opinion penalties unless we deliberately want those penalties set.
* Subjects that are in a federation with their overlord should now be able to declare a war for independence on them.
* Reworked the final step of the Vultaum, Yuht, First League, Irassian, and Cybrex precursor chains. They now provide a one-day Special Project on the discovered homeworld rather than the last event being fired on-survey. This should improve visibility and increase robustness in situations where e.g. the star system changes ownership or is colonized.
* Votes now display as a popup so that they are not as easily missed and auto-declined.
* If you have the "Lost Amoeba" anomaly event, you no longer need to establish communications with space amoebas. That event's options now give you the space amoeba buffs/projects in that case.
* Having claims on a subject now means you can use the Claims casus belli on their overlord.
* Mining Drone Expansion Fleet and Aggressive Drone Expansion Fleet have been reworked such that every 10 years, for as long as the Mining Drones persist, 3 fleets will spawn and seek out suitable systems into which they can expand. The fleets favor systems which lie within 1-6 hyperlane jumps from their system of origin.
* Subjects are no longer able to become presidents of federations through rotation or random succession.

Just one more day, folks!  Fingers crossed for this one... 

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #175 on: April 15, 2021, 12:24:03 PM
Downloading now!!!

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #176 on: April 15, 2021, 01:56:12 PM
Ok, WTH do you mean I cannot build a Civilian Industries building on my home planet???

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #177 on: April 15, 2021, 02:44:39 PM
Begun, the Bug Wars have...  ::) 

Yeah, I'm sure that's not working as intended.  Unlike most other colonies in one's empire, your homeworld *has* to be a generalist, especially early on -- you need a little bit of everything. 

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #178 on: April 15, 2021, 05:30:39 PM
So, per Barths suggestion, I built a new industrial district.  While it didn't allow me to build a Civilian factory, it did increase my output of both alloys and consumer goods. 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #179 on: April 15, 2021, 09:59:52 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Industrial Districts.  I believe they're essentially intended to replace Civilian Industries and Alloy Foundries (since both resources are so crucial to your empire anyway).  Still, I was pretty sure we're still supposed to be able to construct Civilian and Alloy buildings, independent of the Industrial Districts.  ???