Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: "World War I" 'Trenches and Fortified LINE' Markers  (Read 10207 times)

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #15 on: March 29, 2023, 03:14:56 PM
Oh, I was talking about the computer game on Steam. 

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #16 on: March 29, 2023, 04:17:41 PM
Oh, well, I'm not at all "on" there for anything so, yeah, never had seen nor played that-! I'm mostly concerned about 'Board' games and such because I'm too 'worn out' from 'Meds' and their deleterious 'effects' after being "on" those for years now. In fact, I'm considering creating larger and improved 'counters' for "Clash of Empires" seen below-(currently viewed as around 1/4th-inch-?), since they are pretty skimpy as regarded 'graphics' along with being difficult to read/distinguish in such a small 'counter'. I figure that at least 5/8th-inch square kind shall provide better overall views, and more easily handlings then, while somewhat bigger 'graphics' or 'contrasts' would greatly improve matters. 

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #17 on: March 29, 2023, 04:44:29 PM
If you like WW1 period, then you should certainly take a look at the 'Der Weltkrieg' series if you have not already done so.

https://www.armchairdragoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.0
Hoi as yes I have and found there's just too many tiny counters for manipulating and also is why NO "Memoir `44" either. I bought into "M-44" to discover sorry, none capable of it due to 'Meds' "after-dire effects" especially constant, consternatible, constipation-! It was 'Morphine'-based so, Yes, "T.M.I."-? Anything with a 'Tray' component is now beyond considerations, due to constant "place & pluck" features. Were these akin to "A&A: Pacific" 'Task Force' sort, why they are best-!

One further 'thing' being looked upon is 'Army Markers' to alleviate crowding or 'Locale Cards' of them smaller areas needing something-? FOR instantly devising thus about 'Armies', place a 'sticker' of letter/numeral beneath these and provide an "Army Chart" with placement of 'Pieces' upon this. They should become similar to those in order to disguise this, so Enemies will KNOW how much they're "biting into" some *Surprise*-!   

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #18 on: March 29, 2023, 05:23:24 PM
Hoi and no, I had not as this is the first time hearing about that-! I just went to look it up at BGG while it isn't appearing right away. Beginning with A.H. "1914" in 1972, up to mid 1980s with 3W "Clash of Empires" or XTR "The Great War in Europe/Middle East" while much of this 'stuff' is directed upon/onto "A&A 1914". Well before that, then Guild of Blades produced their "W.W.I" 'Game' and even has 'Trenches', although naught as 'extensive' for these kinds shown of here.

If you could provide the 'Publisher' of that, then perhaps, it could be readily located as I'm curious about to what it did contain. There is too much lacking with "A&A 1914" and I'm acquiring plenty as well with these 'creations' of mine. You can read more at this LINK: ""A&A W.W.I 1914""<--'click this'

It’s a pc game

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #19 on: April 04, 2023, 05:08:22 PM

It’s a pc game

Well, at "B.G.G." they did have a 'site' all about 'Video Games', and it may include PC-sort, I "guess"-? The "pisser-offer" WAS when XP was 'done' and it prevented A-L-L NON-such to become useful 'coasters' then, or useless 'Games'-! We LOST dozens of PC 'Games' due to the "switch" circa 2002/2003-? I did get several 'fixes' online while ONLY '4' for these "worked"-!   

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #20 on: April 05, 2023, 09:03:37 AM
^I finally decided throw away a lot of my old pc-games last year.  Even as coasters they were useless. 

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #21 on: April 11, 2023, 07:00:30 PM
^I finally decided throw away a lot of my old pc-games last year.  Even as coasters they were useless.
Oh, an 'English Muffin' connoisseur eh-? SELF "explanatory"-?

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #22 on: April 12, 2023, 08:40:21 AM
Although I love English muffins I'm not a connoisseur of them.  I'm more of a coffee connoisseur.   :)

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #23 on: April 15, 2023, 04:11:45 PM
HERE is a latest 'Concept' for displaying what forces are "in" any specific 'Fort(s)'-! ""BLOG""<--'click there' AND there-->""BLOG"

You may even write upon these CARDS if 'plasti-coted' and erasable markers are used-?