Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Who's playing Surviving Mars  (Read 4046 times)

judgedredd

on: December 21, 2018, 03:13:43 AM
and what's it like? I dodged the last Steam sale and I'm looking for a purchase and this is 30% off.

Is it deep? Does it keep the attention for long? Most importantly I suppose - is it fun?

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 12:13:19 AM
I bought it during the autumn sale and banged away at it for a few weeks.  It's got a lot of different options to play with but I'd say it's more broad than deep.  I picked it up around the same time as I got Frostpunk, Interplanetary, and the Civ VI expansion and I didn't end up spending a lot of time with Mars for Frostpunk.  I'd say of the four, Interplanetary is the one I've played and enjoyed the most (something about annihilating cities with asteroids just appeals I suppose....)

Mars was just a little to dry and sterile for my liking.  I understand that it's had a fair number of patches since I last fired it up so play dynamics might well have changed quite a bit since then.  It is a Paradox game and they seem more willing than other companies to radically alter gameplay as time goes by.