Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Origins 2021 (30 SEP - 3 OCT) NEW DATES  (Read 22131 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 08:14:42 AM
depending on the speed with which the vaccines could get out, it might be one of those "show your vaccine card for entry" sort of things

honestly, I expect this year to be virtual

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 08:44:55 AM
I'm gonna let you guinea pigs test that vaccine for me for six to twelve months or so first.  :whistle:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #17 on: November 21, 2020, 05:53:56 PM
I'm gonna let you guinea pigs test that vaccine for me for six to twelve months or so first.  :whistle:

Watch it, or you'll be playing by yourself!!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 10:50:30 AM
 :o

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #19 on: December 24, 2020, 01:27:27 PM
There is an announcement coming in early January about what's going to happen with Origins this year. I would suspect that the announcement is foreshadowing a change of date.

They will probably try to hold something in late fall to let the vaccine get around before bringing people into proximity.

at this point though, it seems certain that Origins is not expected to happen on the weekend for which it was originally scheduled

What this could mean for us though is that we take that weekend to hold our summer virtual convention and start planning now for an ACDC in June

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 01:01:35 PM
New Dates just announced today

NEW DATES:
SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 3, 2021
Based on the hopeful news that COVID-19 vaccines are being distributed and reports from the CDC that community events and conventions should be able to resume later this year, we have made the decision to move this year’s Origins Game Fair from our usual June weekend to September 30 – October 3, 2021.

Safety is our primary concern, and we believe holding Origins later in the year provides the best path forward to have an in-person event this year.

We are working with other game convention organizers to develop guidelines for safe events, including, but not limited to:
Requiring Face Masks
Social Distancing
Temperature Checks
Hand Sanitizing Stations
In the interim, we encourage everyone to help fight the pandemic by wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, washing your hands, and getting the vaccine when you are able. Together we can work towards returning back to normal.

We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will provide updates as we get closer to the event. Exhibitor and sponsorship information will be available on February 16. If you have any questions, please email registration@gama.org.
IMPORTANT DATES

📅 February 16 - Sponsor/Exhibitor Information Sent
📅 June 1 - Hotel Block Opens
📅 June 5 - Badge Sales Open
📅 June 8 - Call for Volunteers
📅 September 30 - October 3 - Origins Game Fair

Please note, all dates are subject to change.
FAQ + FAST FACTS

✅ Registration - Attendee safety is our highest priority. Once registration opens on June 5, we highly encourage you to pre-register electronically to reduce the amount of in-person waiting time at the event.

✅ Hotel Reservations - We are not using OnPeak this year. Attendees will be responsible for directly booking with the hotel once registration opens on June 1.

✅ Hybrid Event - This year's event will include a mix of physical programming (key programming will be streamed) and exclusive online content.

✅ Event Submission Info - Details coming soon.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Advocator (Scott)

• Trooper
Reply #21 on: January 20, 2021, 09:29:29 AM
I hope this happens, but I won't be there if it does. I honestly do not know that we're going to be at a convention stage of life again this year. I hope we are, but I'm not counting on it by any means. And if we do end up there, they've completely overlapped my local convention, CinCityCon. Should conventions happen, I'll be going to it.

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #22 on: January 20, 2021, 08:17:46 PM
Our involvement is still up in the air.  Even if we committed to being there, I don't know how many of the team could/would actually make it. 

We might just stick to online conventioning for now, with the Summer ACDC coming up on the original Origins weekend 18-20 June

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #23 on: January 20, 2021, 08:50:34 PM
At this point, I can't imagine I would be able to be there. The Summer ACDC? It's rumored that My Own Worst Enemy will be there in some form.  8)

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #24 on: January 20, 2021, 10:50:59 PM
At this point, I can't imagine I would be able to be there. The Summer ACDC? It's rumored that My Own Worst Enemy will be there in some form.  8)

I heard its was going to be live and interactive  :dreamer:

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #25 on: January 21, 2021, 08:42:44 AM
The last three I attended were.  :bigthumb:

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Advocator (Scott)

• Trooper
Reply #26 on: January 21, 2021, 02:28:48 PM
I should look into the virtual cons more. Once life here (which has been less than stellar the past couple months for a plethora of reasons) gets back to normal, I'll explore it more. If only to hear other people. Doing the podcast with you guys was a nice because I got to talk with you guys almost in person for the first time in ages.

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #27 on: January 21, 2021, 04:09:44 PM
I should look into the virtual cons more. Once life here (which has been less than stellar the past couple months for a plethora of reasons) gets back to normal, I'll explore it more. If only to hear other people. Doing the podcast with you guys was a nice because I got to talk with you guys almost in person for the first time in ages.

We're always looking for folks to join us on the podcasts, so careful what you wish for!  ;D

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #28 on: January 21, 2021, 08:30:27 PM
The last three I attended were.  :bigthumb:

Ok so I might have had that one coming ..... ::)

Capn Darwin

• Trooper
  • Rocket Scientist and Game Designer
Reply #29 on: January 22, 2021, 08:54:20 AM
That late date is a no-go for the OTS team. Too close to our hopeful Southern Storm roll out. Plus Covid will still be a thing. Here's hoping for a live show in 2022.  :bigthumb: