Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Warhammer II  (Read 15317 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #45 on: August 11, 2022, 03:13:37 PM
^  Yeah, I definitely wouldn't blame you guys for doing so. 

I'm fortunate in that, for whatever reason(s), my Steam games don't always automatically update (even though I have them set to do so in my settings), which happens to be the case with my copy of WH2 here.  So I guess as long I don't tell it to install the update, I'm fine...at least for now. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #46 on: August 15, 2022, 01:37:44 AM
Well so much for that:  My game just auto-updated as well.  (I really wish there was a way to stop your Steam games from updating if/when you so chose.)  I've now uninstalled as well. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #47 on: August 15, 2022, 03:20:22 AM
One of us

One of us

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #48 on: August 15, 2022, 12:23:47 PM
There are many developers requiring massive downloads for games. Many of which seem unnecessary. I remember installing ARK and the install was over 100 GB, It was due to all sorts of maps and other stuff of which 90% are not necessary for the vast majority of players. But the developers make you download it all with no option to reduce the file size.  If I want to play a specific modded world, I will rather have the option to download it or not. I uninstalled. I could not justify the game taking over 10% of my HD space. The base game is only around 10 GB so 90 GB of extras.  These days a 1 TB HD is not sufficient as more and more games have massive storage requirements.

As far as Warhammer, I have not loaded a game in close to a year. They really turned me off to the game with the TW WHIII hype train and the inexplicable reason to have multiple games for the same dang game. Silly design decision. And they did not win any favors by quickly dropping support almost immediately for historical games with real potential after release.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #49 on: August 15, 2022, 05:39:33 PM
I will uninstall but fortunately at the moment the download is sat in ‘unscheduled’ and isn’t trying to download

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #50 on: August 15, 2022, 05:55:03 PM
^*yet

Always do what you feel is best.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #51 on: August 20, 2022, 03:53:47 AM
There are many developers requiring massive downloads for games. Many of which seem unnecessary. I remember installing ARK and the install was over 100 GB, It was due to all sorts of maps and other stuff of which 90% are not necessary for the vast majority of players. But the developers make you download it all with no option to reduce the file size.  If I want to play a specific modded world, I will rather have the option to download it or not. I uninstalled. I could not justify the game taking over 10% of my HD space. The base game is only around 10 GB so 90 GB of extras.  These days a 1 TB HD is not sufficient as more and more games have massive storage requirements.

As far as Warhammer, I have not loaded a game in close to a year. They really turned me off to the game with the TW WHIII hype train and the inexplicable reason to have multiple games for the same dang game. Silly design decision. And they did not win any favors by quickly dropping support almost immediately for historical games with real potential after release.

You're preaching to the choir in all respects, Bison.  The hard-drive space requirement is both ridiculous and clearly unnecessary, and I've become almost completely turned off to the Total Warhammer series for all the reasons you mentioned above (and more). 

I will uninstall but fortunately at the moment the download is sat in ‘unscheduled’ and isn’t trying to download

As Gus said..."yet". 

That was the status of my version as well, but when I fired up my PC the other day, I discovered that Warhammer II was now fully "updated".  :kling:  May you have better fortune than I, and your copy of the game remain "incomplete". 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #52 on: August 20, 2022, 04:01:13 AM
I haven’t pressed the uninstall button yet but I will - should the urge ever arise it’ll be there on steam but I doubt it