Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Rome II  (Read 18738 times)

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #60 on: July 01, 2022, 10:29:56 PM
Too late for that. You have the Honor of the Armchair Dragoons at stake now. Come back with your Sphinx or upon it.  :notworthy:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #61 on: July 02, 2022, 04:45:01 AM
No worries, Gus.  You got this!  :bigthumb: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #62 on: July 02, 2022, 10:10:59 AM
I was digitally perusing different factions late last night...still set on Egypt but Bactria and Syracuse (!!) look really interesting too.

Always do what you feel is best.

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #63 on: July 02, 2022, 08:40:41 PM
My Seleucid game crashes every time now, I was a good ways in, even on Easy, it was not an easy campaign.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #64 on: July 03, 2022, 03:33:45 AM
I was digitally perusing different factions late last night...still set on Egypt but Bactria and Syracuse (!!) look really interesting too.

I enjoyed Syracuse in vanilla Rise of the Republic campaign.  Now you have me curious to maybe give them a shake in DEI (though I imagine they've gotta be somewhat tough to play).  Hmm... 

My Seleucid game crashes every time now, I was a good ways in, even on Easy, it was not an easy campaign.

I always feel like the Seleucids' campaign is harder than what the player is expecting, even in the vanilla game.  Their large size makes them a target, and their territory is likewise rather difficult to defend. 

Major bummer that your campaign is constantly crashing now, though.  :(  If that's in DEI, you should definitely report it to the team. 

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #65 on: July 03, 2022, 04:20:19 PM
^One of the reasons I am going go with Ptolemaic Egypt.

Will definitely post some details of my Syracuse game once I start. Gonna do Syracuse before Egypt.

Also, fyi, the RTR Imperium Surrectum mod (v0.4.2) offers a playable Syracuse in Rome TW Remastered.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #66 on: July 03, 2022, 11:48:08 PM
Egypt doesn't look too tough at the start Gus. You've got 3 Wonders that should give you some very nice perks and net a load of cash through Culture. You're only at war with Cyrenaica who's rebelled against you. The Seleucids don't like you but they've got lots of problems of their own to deal with and they have to go through Jehuda first to get to you. Other than that, there's a few desert tribes south and east who aren't friendly but they shouldn't be too tough. Egypt can make a ton of money trading with the Greeks probably and you can recruit agents right at the start, Spies and Priestesses who can help with Disorder in your Provinces.

Egypt could have a problem however with a lot of Foreigners in your cities who don't share your Culture. Also your King has no family members other than a wife and young kids so if he dies in battle, I don't know who gets the throne. Relations with the other Political Parties aren't good but I think you have until Turn 12 or so to fix that. And some of your territories have very little in the way of food, that could be bad if you don't fix it.

I would get the food growing, make Trade Deals with Greeks and Crete maybe, and crush rebellious Cyrenaica. Once you get it, Egypt will have 3 complete Provinces...not too bad for a start. And down south Axum has GOLD!  :bigthumb:

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #67 on: July 03, 2022, 11:58:11 PM
You make it sound so easy. I speak as the guy who is getting his arse handed to him by the AI in Old World...no campaign is easy!

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #68 on: July 04, 2022, 08:55:29 AM
True that!

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #69 on: August 18, 2022, 05:13:44 AM
Divide et Impera 1.3.1 is now available!

https://divideetimperamod.com/divide-et-impera-1-3-1-released/

DeI 1.3.1 features an updated supply system, the Alexander campaign, new reforms changes and updates for many factions. These factions include Maurya, Baktria, Parthia, the Iberians and Athens. We have also worked on some neglected parts of the mod including AOR/Merc units and Naval units.

Man, this looks so good! 

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #70 on: August 18, 2022, 06:36:25 AM
Naval units you say?

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #71 on: August 20, 2022, 10:35:38 PM
Naval units you say?

Looks like it.  8) 

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #72 on: August 21, 2022, 10:31:16 PM
 :nerd:

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #73 on: August 30, 2022, 06:52:09 AM
Finally won a game as Rome. Had to pull 'Pearl Harbor' move on Parthia as they were way more powerful than I. They controlled he last region (Syria), so waited till that was the last objective and declared war. Luckily victory happen before they could steam roll me.

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #74 on: August 30, 2022, 07:40:18 AM
Well done!