Author Topic: Bison's Tales of Hobby Crafting  (Read 13721 times)

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #270 on: May 22, 2022, 11:01:31 PM
I enjoy and prefer to make my own terrain. However, I just do not have time to craft up some much-needed terrain for our ongoing Ultramarine and Necron war. So I picked up a couple of cheap sets of GW ruins terrains. Not trying to sound like a total fanboy but the cost was worth the time savings and it looks great. I assembled something like 9 or 10 pieces in a couple of hours. Now at some point, I just need to put the airbrush to it for a good prime and paint job. I have been experimenting with using cheap craft acrylics with the airbrush and it works well. So I plan to do the majority of the paint that way and just do a few bits and bobs with a brush to bring out some of the details. I need to pick up a pot of black or dark brown ink to make some cheap bulk wash.

I do have some MDF cut and a sheet of 1" and 2" foam to put together some hills and cliffs. I have also picked out some of my seashells to do a couple of rocky rough terrain pieces.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #271 on: July 07, 2022, 09:10:15 PM
I miss my crafting table so very much. It’s my zen spot.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #272 on: July 18, 2022, 12:02:37 AM
I am away from the workbench for a couple of months and damned ol' GW goes and messes with a hobby stable...the washes...and reformulates them and reduces the bottle size. I am going to spend the last few weeks away from the table hitting hobby shops and stocking up on the old washes. New mission: Accepted.

Undercovergeek

• Corporal
Reply #273 on: July 18, 2022, 03:10:00 AM
New contrast and new washes look great

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #274 on: July 18, 2022, 08:39:29 AM
New contrast and new washes look great

Git off my lawn, youse!  ;D

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Lead Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #275 on: July 18, 2022, 09:39:03 AM
I am going to spend the last few weeks away from the table hitting hobby shops and stocking up on the old washes.

If GA has any, and you want to place the order and just have me pick them up and hold them for you, I can.  Saves you on shipping if you're going to be using them for a few more weeks/months.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #276 on: July 18, 2022, 02:51:00 PM
I am going to spend the last few weeks away from the table hitting hobby shops and stocking up on the old washes.

If GA has any, and you want to place the order and just have me pick them up and hold them for you, I can.  Saves you on shipping if you're going to be using them for a few more weeks/months.

I did not see paints listed on their website.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Lead Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #277 on: July 18, 2022, 02:54:35 PM
I did not see paints listed on their website.

huh, OK.  Maybe they just don't ship paints.  They have a whole wall of them.  I'll see if I can't get a picture to send over to you.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #278 on: July 19, 2022, 01:02:55 PM
Ok. I will probably try and stop by there early next week too.