Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Interplanetary: Enhanced Edition  (Read 3124 times)

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
on: July 18, 2020, 03:57:44 AM
Some buddies and I played a 5-player game of this tonight with the caveat that each time you lost a city or a weapons system, you had to take a shot.  As a result, my planet's population was reduced to zero as was my bottle of Rangur gin.

Great game and on sale for less than $3 from Green Man Gaming right now.  If you're in the mood for a sci-fi artillery game with a very robst tech tree and lots of inventive ways to commit planetary wide genocide on your opponents, you could do worse.

I went for MIRVs with dirty radiation warheads in this game and it did NOT pay off.  The other players quickly started camouflaging their vital facilities and my pea-brained MIRV warheads were unable to find targets and just blew up.  Then one of my opponents started tossing asteroids around and that was all she wrote for my home world.  I was able to kill off one other player but I was the 2nd out of the game after an asteroid wiped out an entire hemisphere in one blast.

JasonPratt

• Lancer
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 03:35:39 PM
I love this game like cake, but never seem to play it.