Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Paradox DLCs  (Read 2968 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
on: March 15, 2023, 11:27:37 AM

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 08:52:19 PM
Heh.  I already told them what i want for a DLC in a recent survey I filled out. 

Give me internal politics:  I want factions to matter more.  I want genuine rebellions and civil wars to be possible.  I want sectors to be able to break away and form their own nations -- possibly because a certain faction (or factions) became dissatisfied with the central government and came to dominate said sector. 

I want leaders to be tied into all this as well especially sector governors and admirals.  I want them to have some sort of "loyalty" rating, which can be affected both by events, but you can also do things to raise & lower their loyalty.  Maybe a sector splits off from your empire because of an unhappy and/or ambitious, greedy governor.  Maybe your army and navy splits during a civil war, due to some admirals & generals experiencing mixed loyalties. 

I realize this is all a big ask of the developers, but hey, a guy can dream... 

Also:  As part of the accompanying free update to this imaginary DLC I'm conjuring, players should be allowed to customize their own sectors again, for Christ's sake.  I'm sick of the internal border-gore.  >:( 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 09:31:58 PM
Terra invicta did a lot of good stuff with loyalty - the actual score was unknown until you investigate your own agent and then if it’s too low you can inspire them with another agent but also be on the lookout for low score loyalty as these are easier to turn and become double agents

in stellaris it would be great to have some kind of interstellar inquisition to send to governors and scare their pants off

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 03:08:52 AM
in stellaris it would be great to have some kind of interstellar inquisition to send to governors and scare their pants off

Agreed, though I'd say that should/would be dependent on your ethics and/or government type.  Authoritarian/militaristic empires are probably more likely to use an inquisition-style organization, while egalitarian/pacifists would employ other methods to check/improve loyalty.  Which would be part of the "fun" IMO.  :biggrin: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike