Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Stellar Sovereigns  (Read 3193 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
on: March 10, 2023, 03:48:15 PM
Just released on Thursday.  I backed it a while ago on itch, and installed it on Steam yesterday.  Hoping to check it out sometime this next week. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2211840/Stellar_Sovereigns/

It's not going to be for everyone.  It looks fairly tight from a design standpoint, however, and it's already a lot more polished than a lot of games are at release.  A number of folks have been comparing it to Sword of the Stars, for whatever that's worth. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 04:55:40 PM
...and RTS combat...   :(

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 06:48:26 PM
Like I said, it isn't going to be for everyone. Personally, I've always enjoyed the combination of turn-based empire management and real-time combat myself (part of the reason I'm a fan of the Total War series), but that's me.

The developer was also careful to keep to a pretty tight design and limit feature creep, which I respect. It does lead to a 4x that feels like it might be a bit more focused on combat and war (rather like SotS) than is normally my cup of tea, but at least it knows what kind of game it wants to be.

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike