Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Revival: Recolonization  (Read 7934 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #15 on: July 01, 2023, 02:21:13 AM
It's out: 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1306770/Revival_Recolonization/

Initial reactions appear to be generally positive so far.  Most criticisms seem to focus around either the UI (which has been a long-running issue the devs have been working to improve), or that the game is just too basic and/or bare-bones at the moment and not fleshed out enough.  So maybe not one to pick up right now, but later on when it's more fully cooked and ready to be released a complete game, it'll be worth a closer look. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #16 on: July 01, 2023, 02:21:22 AM
The devs have also been quick to release their planned roadmap for the game's continued development between now and its full release: 

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1306770/view/3660911636377506779

Personally I feel like #2 should come before #1 -- especially where bug-fixes are concerned -- but perhaps those will be worked on more or less simultaneously as the first part. 

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #17 on: July 01, 2023, 11:15:42 AM
It's been on my wish list. I'm likely going to wait for the dust to settle before picking it up. I'm still knee deep in Stellaris...and Panzer Corp 2....and The Infected...and SC Civil War.....and I just bought Rule the Waves 2 last week. My dance card is full yet my will is weak!!!

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #18 on: July 01, 2023, 07:34:24 PM
I know the feeling, brother.  The sheer number of games I already own (and want/have yet to play) continues to be as much of a factor in my holding back on this one as much as anything else.  :silly: