Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Your Local Wargaming Get-togethers  (Read 4762 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
on: July 05, 2022, 11:19:57 AM
Tell us about your local wargaming get-togethers that anyone can wander over and pop into!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

judgedredd

Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 02:28:55 AM
none. solo only here - and I like it that way. I don't think I could be bothered arguing with people over the ambiguity of a teensy, weensy rule

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 04:48:09 AM
Tell us about your local wargaming get-togethers that anyone can wander over and royally mess up!

FTFY  :whistle: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 07:17:13 AM
There are a couple of clubs and the inevitable GW store, but they are not that convenient to get to. My buddy and I did go a couple of times but it seemed as if everyone but us was playing Ticket to Ride. We played 'Totensonntag' IIRC.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #4 on: July 06, 2022, 11:32:49 AM
Vancouver used to have a very active gaming scene but the mandates put in over COVID really did a number on it. Some places have opened up again but many have rules in place with lower max capacity, masking, etc.  Others have said they won't be hosting events anymore and still others went out of business.

I've gone to a few events but the vibe just isn't the same.  People are much more on edge and there are unofficial lines being drawn over "pro" vs. "anti" and that's anything from vax, to masks, to distancing, to political affiliation.  I mostly just play with a few guys from my regular group now but even that's diminished from 7 down to 4. 

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 11:15:33 AM
This weekend our local club, the DC Conscripts, is holding our Human Wave ASL tournament.  Although I don't play starter kit anymore, I'm directing the SK tournament to provide a space for newer players, and I've been helping with the organization.  Since the Hollow Legions module was released earlier this year, our theme is "Italy At War."  In the ASL world, it's not a large tournament, but it should a fun weekend with friends.

https://humanwaveconscripts.com

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #6 on: July 08, 2022, 12:52:28 PM
that's great!  (and yes, we included it in this week's TN :) )

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Marc Gacy

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 09:17:08 AM
Not box wargames, and not historical per se, but my game meetup MAGNET, Minis Agnostic Game Night Every (Other) Tuesday has been going for one year now. I had a three month break at the beginning of the year with all the Omicron stuff but haven’t missed one since. If you’re ever in Longmont north of Denver Colorado, let me know and we can get together and play some minis games. Tonight we’re playing Space Weirdos, a $5 pdf game on Wargame Vault.

- Marc

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 11:23:14 AM
There are a couple of clubs and the inevitable GW store, but they are not that convenient to get to. My buddy and I did go a couple of times but it seemed as if everyone but us was playing Ticket to Ride. We played 'Totensonntag' IIRC.

I bet those Ticket to Ride players couldn't even fathom the awesomeness of Totensonntag.  Wish I could have seen the expression on their faces.

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed