Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 227980 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1170 on: February 12, 2023, 10:08:59 AM
The ravages of time are finally catching up with me - after a wonderfully chilled game of KOH2 I turned to Atilla 1212 for some Geonoan action - nope

Played the broken arrow demo - nope

Started CKIII just to press some buttons and look around - I sat there smiling and wriggling my toes with delight - it felt new and awesome and comfortable and familiar at the same time - can’t wait to sink into this

My point been it’s slow paced, relaxed chilled out gaming this weekend - a glass of something by the keyboard
[/b]

Sanatogen Wine...........  ;D

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1171 on: February 12, 2023, 10:33:16 AM
Now he tells me the secrets of his youthful appearance and unnatural vigour

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1172 on: February 12, 2023, 11:22:14 AM
...whoever it was, pass the secrets on to me - I need all the help I can get  ;)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1173 on: February 13, 2023, 03:42:25 PM
^  Bawb being modest, as usual.  8) 

Amy visited this weekend, and we ended up spending a bit of time playing The One Ring RPG.  We continue to enjoy it overall, but it further solidified our joint consensus that combat is a bit clunky (though not bad).  The bigger issue is that the main sourcebook is rather poorly laid out and organized, and it's often difficult to find what you're looking for. 

The ravages of time are finally catching up with me - after a wonderfully chilled game of KOH2 I turned to Atilla 1212 for some Geonoan action - nope

Started CKIII just to press some buttons and look around - I sat there smiling and wriggling my toes with delight - it felt new and awesome and comfortable and familiar at the same time - can’t wait to sink into this

My point been it’s slow paced, relaxed chilled out gaming this weekend - a glass of something by the keyboard

Always nice when you can find "that" game.  :bigthumb: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1174 on: March 03, 2023, 08:05:12 AM
^  Bawb being modest, as usual.  8) 

Amy visited this weekend, and we ended up spending a bit of time playing The One Ring RPG.  We continue to enjoy it overall, but it further solidified our joint consensus that combat is a bit clunky (though not bad).  The bigger issue is that the main sourcebook is rather poorly laid out and organized, and it's often difficult to find what you're looking for. 

Always nice when you can find "that" game.  :bigthumb:

deffo

currently suffering from gamers list bloat

loving ck3, my wallet is making me feel guilty and demanding i retry DW2 now the big new release is out, for some reason i really fancy firing up a new game of Banished, that may or may not last 30 mins or 30 hours, anno 1800 is still high on my list of playing and then theres Spacebourne 2, a poor mans, single dev Star Citizen - not too fussed about the comabt but the prospect of some piracy and smuggling gets my han solo loins moist

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1175 on: March 10, 2023, 03:48:54 PM
Gah!  Too many games, nowhere near enough time... 

So Warhammer 3 is free to play this weekend (and is also on sale, incidentally).  I feel pretty much obligated to at least check it out, so that's probably going to take up whatever limited gaming time I'm going to have this weekend outside of work and other RL stuff. 

I'm also trying to get some time in with Stellar Sovereigns, now that it's on Steam (I finally remembered to email the dev and got my Steam key).  It may not be my "ultimate" space 4x, but it does look genuinely interesting. 

In addition, the big new "Through the Myrror" update for Master of Magic dropped yesterday, which I really want to check out as well. 

And of course, let's not forget the other big Matrix/Slitherine 4x, Distant Worlds 2:  It seems like most folks are really digging the game now that the Aurora update has come out, so I suppose I really am going to have to actually dive back in and see what kind of experience it's like a year after further beta-testing its release.  (And never mind the new race pack DLC coming out next week.) 

Amidst trying to find time for all of this, I'm also still working on my Stellaris AAR campaign -- a campaign which is clearly not going to be anywhere near finished by the time First Contact and the 3.7 "Canis Minor" update drop next week.  (I'm hoping that my campaign will still work with 3.7; fingers crossed!) 

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1176 on: March 10, 2023, 03:53:36 PM
I'm curious too hear what you think about MoM; I've played it quite a bit and there a a few aspects which I find disappointing.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1177 on: March 11, 2023, 12:04:48 AM
Gah!  Too many games, nowhere near enough time... 

So Warhammer 3 is free to play this weekend (and is also on sale, incidentally).  I feel pretty much obligated to at least check it out, so that's probably going to take up whatever limited gaming time I'm going to have this weekend outside of work and other RL stuff. 

I'm also trying to get some time in with Stellar Sovereigns, now that it's on Steam (I finally remembered to email the dev and got my Steam key).  It may not be my "ultimate" space 4x, but it does look genuinely interesting. 

In addition, the big new "Through the Myrror" update for Master of Magic dropped yesterday, which I really want to check out as well. 

And of course, let's not forget the other big Matrix/Slitherine 4x, Distant Worlds 2:  It seems like most folks are really digging the game now that the Aurora update has come out, so I suppose I really am going to have to actually dive back in and see what kind of experience it's like a year after further beta-testing its release.  (And never mind the new race pack DLC coming out next week.) 

Amidst trying to find time for all of this, I'm also still working on my Stellaris AAR campaign -- a campaign which is clearly not going to be anywhere near finished by the time First Contact and the 3.7 "Canis Minor" update drop next week.  (I'm hoping that my campaign will still work with 3.7; fingers crossed!)

I hear you on the amount of games and still buy more!!!

I think I’ve purged myself of WH, WH2 did everything I needed for my oooooo games workshop on my PC fix and I can resist the temptation

Hope to find the time to CK3 - have watched a mass amount of tips and gameplay videos and the way some people play it in fact most are on full speed, click here, do that, do this, click click click click click - woooooaaaahhhhh!!!!! It’s the most relaxing game ever calm the fk down!! Although I imagine playing it on speed 2 whilst sipping the Caribbean’s finest won’t make interesting videos

I too need to revisit DW2

And having talked my wallet into getting Transport Fever 2 the game devil on my shoulder is ‘but what about workers Republic’ a channel I watch has 235 episodes of let’s play

Now I did vow to avoid let’s play and…… just play but the game is massive and I don’t think has a tutorial so it would just be for guidance - will get one or the other this weekend

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1178 on: March 29, 2023, 07:33:14 PM
I still need more hours in the day, or more days in the week...  Since upgrading my computer last week and installing more games (as I now finally have the space for them), I've basically been going round-robin with several of them lately: 

Distant Worlds 2
Galactic Civilizations 3
Master of Magic
Stardrive 2
Warhammer 3

And those are just the ones I've actually played.  I've also really been wanting to get (back) into the following: 

Emperor of the Fading Suns
Field of Glory: Empires
Interstellar Space: Genesis
Medieval Total War
Rome II Total War
Shadow Empire
Three Kingdoms Total War

And of course, I'm still waiting for some mods to update in Stellaris so I can continue my AAR campaign... 

I wonder sometimes if I don't have ADHD, at least when it comes to gaming.  What I *do* know is that I have a problem; sigh. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1179 on: March 29, 2023, 09:24:00 PM
I still manage to keep my library down to the minimum- the only bad thing about that is there all games I really really want to play

I’m loving workers and resources, ck3, and Terra invicta

I need to restart dw2 - dastactic has hammered out 15 or so good tutorials on combat, different weapons and different races since the last big update

And I really want to take the time to learn to play nebulous fleet command - I keep seeing these awesome updates for it

And Warno

Sigh

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #1180 on: March 30, 2023, 07:40:30 AM
I have a 3-way ASL game scheduled for Saturday.  This will be my first threesome.  The scenario is set in Greece in 1944.  The Germans are starting to pull back, and two Greek factions, sensing the void, are fighting to control the future of the country.  In the scenario, any side can attack any other side.  Alliances are allowed, but there is only one winner.

I expect the game to play differently and it will take a bit to adapt my tactics.  It will be interesting and fun!

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1181 on: March 30, 2023, 08:53:02 AM
huh....  never seen a 3-sided ASL game before.  Definitely interested in how it plays!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #1182 on: March 30, 2023, 03:16:35 PM
Got a 4-player game of Star Trek Ascendancy planned for Saturday.  Maybe Bolt Action on Sunday.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1183 on: March 31, 2023, 05:17:15 AM
^  Ooh, nice! 

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #1184 on: March 31, 2023, 01:04:21 PM
I got family-stuff all weekend.  :-[  Don't these people understand proper priorities? It's Gaming, drinks, a good meal, followed by drinks and more Gaming. With a couple of naps thrown-in somewhere. How simple does it have to be for people?  :idiot2:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming