Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 53884 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #315 on: February 17, 2023, 03:44:33 PM
While the war against the Khan and the Lavan Horde rages on, my empire reaches a major milestone in completing the construction of two vanity projects megastructures...

[This was my first time building an Interstellar Assembly.  A megastructure devoted entirely to diplomatic endeavors might seem a little underwhelming, but it felt right from a role-playing perspective.  And honestly, the perks are pretty nice.]

[The Science Nexus is my personal favorite megastructure in Stellaris; I generally make a point of building one in my run-throughs.  I always imagine Barthheart running it, cackling with glee as he runs his various mad totally safe experiments...]

« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 03:53:39 AM by Martok »

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #316 on: February 17, 2023, 03:46:08 PM
On the other hand, perhaps my optimism was misplaced after all.  At the very least, it appears it was premature...

[In the skies above his throneworld, the Khan has amassed yet another armada, even more powerful than the one I defeated at Nodox.  And it's headed my way.] 

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #317 on: February 17, 2023, 03:51:53 PM

I always imagine Barthheart running it, cackling with glee as he runs his various mad totally safe experiments...][/i]

:biggrin: You flatter me sir. But I do think your “mad” appraisal was actually correct.  >:D

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #318 on: February 17, 2023, 07:32:19 PM
On the other hand, perhaps my optimism was misplaced after all.  At the very least, it appears it was premature...

[In the skies above his throneworld, the Khan has amassed yet another armada, even more powerful than the one I defeated at Nodox.  And it's headed my way.]

Are each one of those red trails an individual ship?

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #319 on: February 18, 2023, 08:00:28 PM
Every now and again crusader kings makes you put down your whisky and save the game so you can look at the screen and go 'wtf? i need a bit of time here to work things out'

So, heres our boy Oberto, son of Arduino - he of the famous AAR from ye ages past

In maybe half a year hes been imprisoned for trying to kill his half brother, escaped, marched off to war with his step mother (matilda of Tuscany) who promptly died in battle, this fractured all the Tuscan lands between his half brothers, all sons of Arduino, leaving the Duchy of Tuscany to the half brother he tried to kill - because the half brother is chaste, hes 21 with no wife or children - his heir? Oberto - he must be stabbed but i have to wait another 2 years before i can try again to kill him

This is him

I have to keep a close watch on him and prepare to stab any wife he makes and any of their children, OR can try and marry him to one of my family who is too old to conceive - then just wait for him to die

In the meantime i decided it would be fun to succumb to this girls hotness - the princess from England with all the claims on the English throne, who became my soulmate. However, i forgot she was my spymasters wife who revealed the affair to everyone including my wife - before she died Matilda had her imprisoned on my wifes behalf. For that i killed my spy

For that my wife killed Christina

For that i killed my wife

And the duchy of Spoletta passed to another of Arduinos sons and another half brother - but my dread is so mighty and scary he abstained and passed the title to Oberto who has now rocketed from the count of Parma trying to figure out how to increase his lands to the Duke of Spoletto with the King of England as an ally and the Duke of Apulia

If i can kill the half brother this second go round i can take power of half of north of Italy, have 2 duchys and start looking at the Duke of Lombardy - the true asshole of the tale

and then it was time to drink and rest - the scheming is real

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #320 on: February 18, 2023, 08:36:38 PM
 :applause: Awesome!

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #321 on: February 19, 2023, 04:02:28 AM
Damn, geek.  That's one heck of a(n hilarious) roller-coaster ride!  :applause: 

I always imagine Barthheart running it, cackling with glee as he runs his various mad totally safe experiments...][/i]

:biggrin: You flatter me sir. But I do think your “mad” appraisal was actually correct.  >:D

I'm glad we agree.  ;) 

You know, I just realized I maybe shouldn't have built my Science Nexus in an inhabited system...  :-\  Oh well.  :whistle: 

Yes.  Yes, they are. 

Incidentally, there are now *two* more Horde fleets of around the same size in the vicinity, with one of them also headed my way.  :worried: 

« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 03:35:14 PM by Martok »

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #322 on: February 19, 2023, 06:01:32 AM
Excellent  :bigthumb: :notworthy:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #323 on: February 19, 2023, 04:06:25 PM
Damn, that's impressive.  :bigthumb:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #324 on: February 19, 2023, 07:48:01 PM

Yes.  Yes, they are. 
Incidentally, there are now *two* more Horde fleets of around the same size in the vicinity, with one of them also headed my way.  :worried:

Wow! I hope you have something akin to the Vorlon ships, or maybe  a couple Space Battleship Yamatos you can dust off to help tackle those enemy fleets. Looking forward to reading the results of the impending battle.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #325 on: February 20, 2023, 03:41:49 PM
Thanks!  It's been a genuine challenge dealing with the Khan, which is a nice change of pace. 

I have additional screenshots ready to go, I just haven't had a chance to post them yet.  Hopefully tonight after I get home from work. 

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #326 on: February 21, 2023, 10:45:00 AM
Martok - why aren't you just making this whole thing a giant AAR thread of its own?!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #327 on: February 21, 2023, 12:50:58 PM
 :dreamer:

What he said

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #328 on: February 21, 2023, 12:59:42 PM
Please Daddy, PLEASE!  :'(

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #329 on: March 01, 2023, 02:15:24 AM
Martok - why aren't you just making this whole thing a giant AAR thread of its own?!

You mean like this?  :whistle: 

https://www.armchairdragoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=4850.msg99891#msg99891

I'd been working on it for a while, it just took me longer to put together than I'd wanted.  (Stupid OCD/perfectionist tendencies...)