Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Warhammer 3!  (Read 39867 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #75 on: September 15, 2021, 09:02:18 PM
You and me both, bud.  It's yet another reason I'm not upset over the delay. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #76 on: September 22, 2021, 01:30:13 AM
We get some lore & background on Grand Cathay.  There's a fair bit to digest... 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-grand-cathay-lore/

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #77 on: September 22, 2021, 08:40:55 AM
^Cool I’ll need to check that out when I am back in front of my rig.

Always do what you feel is best.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #78 on: September 24, 2021, 12:36:46 AM
More info on Grand Cathay -- specifically, Miao Ying, one of the faction's two playable legendary lords.  She rules & defends the Northern Provinces, and commands the Great Bastion... 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/who-is-miao-ying-cathay-warhammer-3/

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #79 on: September 28, 2021, 08:27:57 PM
Today's blog talks about Zhao Ming, the Iron Dragon, and ruler of the Western Provinces.  I'm definitely interested in his Metal Wizardry and Alchemy: 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/who-is-zhao-ming-cathay-warhammer-3/

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #80 on: October 09, 2021, 05:19:01 AM
Holy crap.  Just checked out the roster reveal for Grand Cathay.  Not gonna lie:  I'm loving the artillery and that War Compass! 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-grand-cathay-roster-reveal/

Now, if CA would be so good as to *finally* share with us what siege battles will look/be like... 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #81 on: October 09, 2021, 09:51:35 AM
Now, if CA would be so good as to *finally* share with us what siege battles will look/be like...

And the actual game, and the map and anything that isn’t flashy roster videos

The CA forum is already getting the pitchforks and torches out

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #82 on: October 09, 2021, 12:06:30 PM
Interesting side note for miniatures gamers is the on going development of Warhammer Old Worlds which is essentially a revival of Warhammer Fantasy. Also GW has released battle scrolls for WH Fantasy factions awhile back so they can be played in AoS. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NO/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #83 on: October 11, 2021, 02:46:42 AM

Yeah, it's the same thing on Reddit.  There's a lot of impatient/angry folks who feel like CA is jerking them around with not revealing more significant material, and focusing only on the faction reveals so far. 

Can't say I blame them either, to be honest.  Bears & dragons are great and everything, but they're no substitute for getting to see the actual meat of the game. 

Between CA's uncharacteristic bungling of info dumps and overall community engagement, combined with WH3's release being delayed until next year (never mind that I predicted that from the get-go), makes me increasingly concerned.  The way things are looking right now, I fear the game's launch could be a shit-show the likes of which we've not seen since Rome II, or possibly even Empire.  Hopefully I'm just being overly cynical/pessimistic, but I worry. 

Interesting side note for miniatures gamers is the on going development of Warhammer Old Worlds which is essentially a revival of Warhammer Fantasy. Also GW has released battle scrolls for WH Fantasy factions awhile back so they can be played in AoS. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NO/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Nice!  I've heard/read a lot about how the success of the Warhammer Total War series has revived an interest in the WH Fantasy tabletop games -- and/or made clear to GW how much general interest there still was in the latter -- but I hadn't realized they'd gone so far as to actually begin working on a new/improved version until.  Very cool. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #84 on: October 11, 2021, 04:11:57 AM

Yeah, it's the same thing on Reddit.  There's a lot of impatient/angry folks who feel like CA is jerking them around with not revealing more significant material, and focusing only on the faction reveals so far. 

Can't say I blame them either, to be honest.  Bears & dragons are great and everything, but they're no substitute for getting to see the actual meat of the game. 

Between CA's uncharacteristic bungling of info dumps and overall community engagement, combined with WH3's release being delayed until next year (never mind that I predicted that from the get-go), makes me increasingly concerned.  The way things are looking right now, I fear the game's launch could be a shit-show the likes of which we've not seen since Rome II, or possibly even Empire.  Hopefully I'm just being overly cynical/pessimistic, but I worry. 

Nice!  I've heard/read a lot about how the success of the Warhammer Total War series has revived an interest in the WH Fantasy tabletop games -- and/or made clear to GW how much general interest there still was in the latter -- but I hadn't realized they'd gone so far as to actually begin working on a new/improved version until.  Very cool.

I’m inclined to agree with impending shit show - I suspect they haven’t fixed siege battles or don’t k ow what to replace it with and these are stalling tactics for either the ‘we’re doing it later’ or ‘not at all’ announcements

For me personally, like the original games, I could do without siege battles and just have the castle in the background maybe providing artillery support

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #85 on: October 11, 2021, 09:05:07 AM
But...I love siege battles. Granted I haven't played a TW siege since Medieval 2...but from the above posts it's starting to come back to me why.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #86 on: October 11, 2021, 10:08:28 AM
Not going to 1000s but definitely 100s - all exactly the same for me, defence or attack

Only once after seeing a video did I switch defence to not even manning the walls and peppering the enemy with archers as they advanced up the single lane from the open gate - lost 4 I think to 1000s dead - sneaky and successful but not thing new

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #87 on: October 11, 2021, 11:42:21 AM
Haha...Total War sieges have always been a hilarious affair. I think it was Empire: Total War but I am sure they are all the same. The back and forth line dance up to the wall followed by a thousand poor souls scaling a couple ladder up to try and get to the top of the wall.

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #88 on: October 11, 2021, 12:35:12 PM
It's like they have cookies on my home PC or something...

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #89 on: October 11, 2021, 12:47:57 PM
Ermmm…..