Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: imagiNations solo wars - classical era based  (Read 5080 times)

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
on: June 18, 2021, 05:33:26 AM
Just something I'm having fun with, mashing ideas and letting it roll.
As usual the paper keeping is the big monster BUT i'm improving as i'm getting older, so keeping paper, blog and video so no detail falls off the safety net and do not dump too much data at the same time to anyone that wants to follow it.

All the blog entries will be here

https://wargamercoffeebreak.com/category/this-accursed-solo-war/

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 08:09:55 PM
I haven't had time to dive into this to deep but I'm intrigued and looking forward to finding some time to read through your posts!

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 10:07:51 AM
After reading through your posts and watching some of the videos I somehow ended up with "The Solo Wargaming Guide" book being shipped to me .....  ::)

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 06:36:05 AM
After reading through your posts and watching some of the videos I somehow ended up with "The Solo Wargaming Guide" book being shipped to me .....  ::)

Ah ! Another one caught in the web !  :bigthumb:

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 02:26:09 PM

You have any other resources or recommendations on info about running/starting an Imaginations campaign? 

DoubleDeuce

• Jr. Trooper
    • Combat Campaigns
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 07:30:35 PM
Always good to see people wargaming solo and posting for others to follow along.

Trying to restart my Combat Campaigns wargaming blog!

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #6 on: July 11, 2021, 08:03:37 PM

You have any other resources or recommendations on info about running/starting an Imaginations campaign?

I've heard good things about Henry Hyde's Wars of the Faltenian Succession available in PDF from someplace called PayHip. (This is the link from the Battlegames site to PayHip.)

There is very likely something in the History of Wargaming Project's publications, but I'm not going to go look because I don't need to order a pile of books at the moment. I think  Wargaming Campaigns by CS Grant would be useful, but, uh, I haven't read it yet. Possibly some of his other books, too, since his name seems to be associated with the idea.

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 08:36:47 PM

I've heard good things about Henry Hyde's Wars of the Faltenian Succession available in PDF from someplace called PayHip. (This is the link from the Battlegames site to PayHip.)

There is very likely something in the History of Wargaming Project's publications, but I'm not going to go look because I don't need to order a pile of books at the moment. I think  Wargaming Campaigns by CS Grant would be useful, but, uh, I haven't read it yet. Possibly some of his other books, too, since his name seems to be associated with the idea.

Thanks

Dave Pumphouse

• Trooper
Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 03:39:28 PM
Looking forward to the next one of these!

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #9 on: July 13, 2021, 11:12:00 AM
It is coming. This is a marathon and shares prime time with all other games.

Bonus: Been devising mechanisms to rule the Senate so they will be an active faction in the future. Think it will be fun and add to the game.