Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Nebulous Space Command  (Read 15326 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #30 on: February 19, 2022, 05:48:20 PM
Downloading a 703 MB patch right now. 

Here are the patch notes;

Many of your have been requesting the ability to rebind keys, and it was unfortunately one of the things that did not make the cut before EA release last Friday. You can now rebind keyboard controls, or just view them, via the settings menu under the new Controls tab.

Keyboard shortcuts have two primary contexts: widget open and widget closed. The same key can be used for multiple actions, as long as their context is different. Some keys, like the movement keys for the camera, cannot overlap with anything else.

Full patch notes below:

Changes/Features:
- Added key rebinding, accessible via the settings menu.
- Track projections on the sphere widget will now turn yellow when the tracks are inside the seeker cone representation.
- Rotated locked plane normal for sphere widget. Pressing the H key will toggle a vertical locking plane for the current azimuth.
- Default WCON status at start of the game is now FREE. If you don't want your ships to automatically return fire, set it back to TIGHT.
- Double-clicking on a lobby will now attempt to join it.
- Added a faint background to in-game chat messages.
- Weapons firing on a target that is out of range will now indicate "Out of Range" in their status tooltip instead of "Bearing To Target".
- Narration in Tutorial 6 will now pause until each waypoint is placed while arranging the first waypoint strike.

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed glitchy rendering of some widget lines.
- Fixed KIL and PRI buttons not being greyed out when not opened on a track.
- Fixed some sound effects not having the audio mixers correctly applied to them.
- Disabled threaded nameplate texture compression, they are now done on the main thread. The game will stutter a bit while generating nameplates, but should resolve some crashes.
- Camera will no longer end up inside ships when focusing from very small objects such as missiles.
- Fixed Steam rich presence showing "%map_name%" when in the tutorial missions.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #31 on: February 19, 2022, 09:43:46 PM

the_giant_squid

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #32 on: March 14, 2022, 06:13:21 PM
Did the tutorial. Jumped into the fist mission. Got absolutely crushed. Going take alot more practice.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #33 on: April 26, 2022, 04:52:07 PM
Watched a let’s play today - I’m unsure whether it was the presentation style but I thought the game looked brilliant

He had 3v3 single player - it wasn’t rushed he just really seemed to take his time and enjoy the experience

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #34 on: April 26, 2022, 07:04:49 PM
It's interesting and I had fun with it for a while but it gets repetitive very quickly.  It needs a lot of work to flesh it out.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #35 on: July 01, 2022, 02:31:38 AM
Another game picked up by Hooded Horse! 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #36 on: July 01, 2022, 02:55:51 AM
Still working my way through tutorials - they don’t seem to scratch the surface of the complex looking electronic warfare - by comparison there’s some YT tutorials twice in length and twice in number

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #37 on: July 01, 2022, 08:40:28 AM
I bought this last week and haven't even launched it yet.

We'll have to have a battle some time, Geek me old china!

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #38 on: July 01, 2022, 12:14:46 PM
Be fun to watch us bounce off the asteroids and clang into each other

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #39 on: July 01, 2022, 12:18:48 PM
I'm in!

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #40 on: July 03, 2022, 12:17:58 PM
Just finished the tutorials - Steam says I have 88 minutes for reference.

I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen so far. Looks like it's going to be good for some proper beard-stroking, thrilling engagements. Of course, I fully expect my first proper game to be an unmitigated disaster but I'm excited to try!

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #41 on: July 03, 2022, 12:24:00 PM
Exactly my thoughts - envision hiding behind asteroid and popping up with a scout to see enemy - miisikes launched from behind asteroid - major defeat without enemy even seeing me

Reality - missile ships fly into asteroid and scout ship is facing wrong way and can’t see enemy fleet

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #42 on: July 03, 2022, 01:05:46 PM
Unfortunately, I think the dev is listening to the KPS, twitch crowd on the discord server.  The introduction of the "disengagement" ring on the map means much of the map space is useless and it turns the battlespace into a PUBG style affair.  Stray outside the ring and the offending ship retreats from the battle.  I'd like them to make the use of the ring optional when setting up a server.

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #43 on: July 03, 2022, 01:20:13 PM
I dunno, I can see the battlespace being effectively infinite a good way to troll a multiplayer game too. I don't disagree with your idea though.

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #44 on: July 03, 2022, 01:29:08 PM
I think the dev added in the disengagement ring to overcome the primacy of railgun cruisers and battleships.  They were just sending out suicide frigates to pinpoint enemy ships and then deleting them with railgun rounds from the edge of the map.  I get the need to overcome that but I would rather he addressed it with something such as better jamming, slower railgun round travel time, the ability for ships to jink more with lateral thrusters, or defensive weapons like sandcasters/shotgun missiles that could intercept railrun rounds at high relativistic speeds and defeat/deflect the rounds rather than artificially limiting the battlespace.  Oh well.  I hear fighters will be added soonish.  Perhaps a few squadrons of space SPDs will give the battleships something to worry about.