Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Dragoon's in Spaaaaaace.................  (Read 4966 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
on: July 26, 2019, 06:34:42 AM
After a gap of almost a year, I've gone back to playing Elite Dangerous, and recently picked up the 'Horizons' expansion in a recent sale for £4.99.

There have been some significant, and beneficial, updates to the game since I last played, plus I now have planetary landings and a ground vehicle to master.

I've sort of settled on the Python as being a decent all rounder of a ship, especially after beefing it up a bit. I would have to admit to being the games most inept combat pilot, so all my money has been made doing transport & courier missions, with a little bit of exploration added in. So far, I have managed to avoid all interception attempts, albeit since I only play in PvE mode, these are interceptions made by NPC pilots anyway!

Try as I may, the skills required to actually shoot down another ship escape me. I think its not so much a lack of spatial awareness that's the problem, but more the fact that I just cannot grasp the knack of mastering the management of different weapons and ship systems. One day, though.............................

So, is anyone else here still playing Elite?

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 08:59:11 AM
I've always admired it from afar, but I have not taken the plunge to playing

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 09:15:40 AM
I'm putting in a new video card today in my desktop. I may have to test it with this game.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 09:39:25 AM
I'm putting in a new video card today in my desktop. I may have to test it with this game.

Which card?

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 09:51:44 AM
Note that its possible to form a group and create a private PvE area, thus allowing players to play cooperatively. be interesting to form an AD squadron :-)

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 10:00:13 AM
Note that its possible to form a group and create a private PvE area, thus allowing players to play cooperatively. be interesting to form an AD squadron :-)

Did not know that.... will have to look into this game....

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 11:07:58 AM

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 11:19:40 AM

Which card?

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super. I had an MSI GTX 1070 which was way more than I needed but it started glitching last week. I thought it was the HDMI port because it was loose and a couple of pins were bent. I tried the DisplayPort output but it didn't fix anything. I even pulled out the card and did a clean install of the drivers to no avail. The good news is that the new card is smaller and seems to require less power. It also has a USB-C port if I ever want to spend more money for VR.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 11:54:04 AM

Which card?

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super. I had an MSI GTX 1070 which was way more than I needed but it started glitching last week. I thought it was the HDMI port because it was loose and a couple of pins were bent. I tried the DisplayPort output but it didn't fix anything. I even pulled out the card and did a clean install of the drivers to no avail. The good news is that the new card is smaller and seems to require less power. It also has a USB-C port if I ever want to spend more money for VR.

Nice!  :bigthumb: