Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Saturday Night Fights - C&C Napoleonics!  (Read 20887 times)

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #60 on: January 08, 2020, 07:50:40 AM
I just learned a trick yesterday.  I was playing around with Starfire Quick Start rules and the TTS workshop module.  I found I could load the QS pdf into the game.  Make it very handy when learning a game.

How'd you achieve that, mate???

I am becoming seriously frustrated with TTS. I don't seem to be able to undo something I just did but no longer want; It seems impossible to pick up something I want from another module/game and use it in the one I am working on without closing the existing project and opening another that has the item; I don't seem to be able to save anything; when I add a new texture to a Flex Table, it asks me to load from a URL but I have the file on my hard drive and don't really need to store it on another website which will want me to register with a password, etc. I think I need to chat to someone who knows what they're doing :-)

MUCH LATER: I think I may have cracked it! After considerable concentration and re-playing of Jim's tutorials, I suddenly had an epiphany and worked out how to access all the items I need to create and play a C&C:N scenario - at least, I think I did. Today will hopefully confirm that. As I suspected, I was the main culprit and had missed a couple of vital points which Jim made in his videos. Once I got my head around these, I made substantial progress. So far, no registration with a cloud facility has been necessary. The only thing I haven't been able to resolve is how to get the figures into Blender for modification.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:51:19 AM by mike0liver »

I started with nothing and still have most of it left

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #61 on: February 17, 2020, 10:37:36 AM
After disappearing from the radar for a while, I now report back to let everyone know that, after a lengthy period of study, mishaps and sheer determination, I think I've cracked TTS! I have completed the preparation of a C&C:N scenario of Albuera, using miniatures, plus a "standard" wargames scenario for the same battle that can be played with (in theory) any decent set of miniatures rules. In this latter case, all historical units are represented in their historical locations. Obviously, some minor modifications are likely to be needed depending on the rules chosen; at the moment, the set up is specifically geared to my Divisional Commander rule set.

I have a screen dump of the table which I can post on this forum - if only I knew how to do it! Anyway, I guess the next move is to make the scenarios available to all AD members. Presumably, that should be done on the Steam environment and I need some guidance from an experienced member in the best way to achieve that.

I propose sending a few personal messages to various acquaintances (Cyrano, ojsdad, bob48, etc. in the hope that someone will be able to offer assistance.

Cheers,
Mike
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 07:18:40 AM by mike0liver »

I started with nothing and still have most of it left