Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Nebulous Space Command  (Read 15329 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
on: December 20, 2021, 07:38:35 AM
It may be a disservice to say this could be a gap filler to Homeworld 3 -

Take command of your hand-tailored fleet of space warships and use realistic radar, electronic warfare, advanced movement controls in 3D space, and precision targeting to outmaneuver and outwit your opponents in a simulation-heavy tactical space game like no other.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/887570/NEBULOUS_Fleet_Command/#:~:text=NEBULOUS%3A%20Fleet%20Command%20on%20Steam&text=Take%20command%20of%20your%20hand,space%20game%20like%20no%20other.

Great art style, and awesome new ideas

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 06:25:05 PM
This is right up my street. Unless I'm mistaken early access only begins in Feb 2022 and will last for two years?  :-\

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 08:21:08 AM
Yeah - downside to all things

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 08:43:52 PM
It’s out - it’s getting great reviews and it’s 15 pounds

Goddamn this hobby - I’ve just bought warno, and two other games and will get this, all whilst staring at DW2 knowing I won’t have the time or attention span to play any of them 😂

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 05:37:42 AM
Exactly mate, and that's why I won't be buying this yet. As tempting as it is, a two year early access period coupled with all the lovely other games I have makes resistance pretty easy.

Do report on your own experience though!

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 01:45:30 PM
I was very excited by the prospect of this one.  Got it last night and was disappointed to find that there is no ability to rebind the key commands.   Refunded.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 06:35:37 PM
I was very excited by the prospect of this one.  Got it last night and was disappointed to find that there is no ability to rebind the key commands.   Refunded.

It wouldn’t be high on my personal list of priorities but if that’s your thing I can see how it would be annoying

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 07:40:36 PM
Closer to a necessity rather than a priority unfortunately.  Some digits on the left hand decided upon early retirement and refuse to work anymore.  I use the working ones to use the mouse and the right hand to push keys.  I can reach over with the right hand to do the WASD stuff but can't spend more than an hour or so twisted up like that before discomfort from the position outweighs any enjoyment derived from gameplay.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 07:42:23 PM
Sorry to hear that sdr - I can see how key binding would be a necessity

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #9 on: February 13, 2022, 05:55:39 AM
It’s out - it’s getting great reviews and it’s 15 pounds

Goddamn this hobby - I’ve just bought warno, and two other games and will get this, all whilst staring at DW2 knowing I won’t have the time or attention span to play any of them 😂

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 10:53:31 PM
I pucked it up, but haven't had a chance to play yet.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #11 on: February 14, 2022, 09:51:25 AM
I purchased this on Friday afternoon and after a couple of hours in the tutorials, I find this game extremely challenging.

Silent Disapproval Robot is 100% correct, not being able to change key bindings is disappointing and I remind myself this game is in Early Access. I read on the Steam forums this is something on the to-do list for the game. Time will tell.

The UX decisions are also a bit perplexing. Plotting maneuver and missile salvos seems way more complicated than necessary. The reason provided by the dev is: hey, 3D space is complicated, trust the decisions I've made. I'm hoping once I begin to get comfortable with the interface as well as getting comfortable with the 3D aspect of the game, everything will start to gel. I also haven't played a skirmish game yet. I'm still familiarizing myself with the controls and the system in the tutorials.  ;D

Anyone else tried this yet?

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 01:17:05 PM
Nebulus has been described as a space version of Command Modern Operations. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #13 on: February 15, 2022, 04:47:23 PM
Yeah I’m trying to keep my resolve

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #14 on: February 15, 2022, 05:30:28 PM
Yeah, on some other forum I've seen a few people admit defeat too. They can't wrap their heads around the complex systems and three dimensions.

Thus, my resolve is weakening too. I really don't want to buy another early access though, especially one that's only just started.