Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Imperiums: Greek Wars  (Read 21290 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #45 on: May 30, 2022, 05:50:26 AM
An update from Kube Games: 

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1183470/announcements/detail/3320854353251165482

The news can be broken down into three main components: 

1.)  As predicted (if not necessarily for the reasons I cited), the release of Rome vs. Carthage has been pushed back to Q3 2022. 

2.)  A fourth -- and possibly (though not definitely) final -- DLC for Imperiums is already in development.  The only detail we know at the moment is that it's going to be a smaller scenario in a "corner of the world not covered in either the Age of Alexander or Rome vs Carthage DLCs". 

3.)  They've started planning work on their next game.  In addition to some technical aspects like being ported over to the Unity engine, and/or mechanical changes such as switching from tiles to hexes (huzzah!), the developers have also said the new game will be "focused on a different historical era, one that is quite underrated in strategy games and in our opinion offers an interesting setting that deserves more attention." 

Oh man, so many possibilities...!  :D 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #46 on: May 30, 2022, 04:04:35 PM
#3 makes me squee.

Always do what you feel is best.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #47 on: May 31, 2022, 02:33:52 AM
Same, Gus.  I just gotta remind myself to be patient, as I'm sure the new game won't even be announced until at least next year sometime, if then.  And I imagine the new game won't release until 2024 at the earliest, if not later. 

Deep breaths... 

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #48 on: May 31, 2022, 08:44:20 AM
I love the reslience and mission focus of Kube games…that guy is a legend.

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #49 on: June 01, 2022, 03:00:08 AM
I love the reslience and mission focus of Kube games…that guy is a legend.
Yes he is.... :rockon:

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #50 on: June 01, 2022, 03:01:00 AM
3.)  They've started planning work on their next game.  In addition to some technical aspects like being ported over to the Unity engine, and/or mechanical changes such as switching from tiles to hexes (huzzah!), the developers have also said the new game will be "focused on a different historical era, one that is quite underrated in strategy games and in our opinion offers an interesting setting that deserves more attention." 
I am always excited for new and underrated settings for strategy games.... :groovy:

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #51 on: June 01, 2022, 09:07:15 AM
^Me too

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #52 on: June 10, 2022, 02:41:57 PM
Floods are coming in the Rome vs. Carthage DLC: 

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1183470/announcements/detail/3186869094217909775

Over the in Explorminate forums, lead developer Pavel also mentioned that the 4th (final?) DLC will be much smaller.  As such, it will very possibly be done in only another three months or so. 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #53 on: June 24, 2022, 05:08:55 AM

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #54 on: June 24, 2022, 09:04:47 AM
^You're speaking my language now.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #55 on: June 25, 2022, 06:26:38 AM
Incidentally, this bit from the patch notes above caught my attention: 

We would like to wish you a nice summer! Get some tan before the Rome vs Carthage
DLC is out, you won't get much sunlight then :) Believe me, I know what I am talking about.

That suggests to me the Rome vs. Carthage DLC isn't coming out until at least autumn, and possibly even the winter.  Which wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's definitely a bit later than I'd been expecting (I'd guessed Kube Games was now aiming for a Q3 2022 release). 

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #56 on: June 25, 2022, 10:51:06 AM
I'm ok with that. Will give me time to get more of my arse kicked with Old World and Aggressors-Ancient Rome.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #57 on: July 07, 2022, 05:53:40 AM
New feature, "Historical Events", coming to Rome vs. Carthage.  Looks like it should be interesting. 

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1183470/announcements/detail/3352380185930437822

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #58 on: July 07, 2022, 09:29:28 AM
'More events = more gooder' as the kids say.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #59 on: July 30, 2022, 03:27:37 AM
For those who didn't see my post in the Sales thread, Kube Games currently has a pretty nice sale going for Imperiums: Greek Wars bundled with the Age of Alexander DLC for 55% off (good through August 9): 

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1183470/announcements/detail/3383909822379769112

As for what else the devs had to say... 

And what lies ahead?

You might have already noticed the news about the upcoming DLC Imperiums: Rome vs Carthage. It is shaping up to be the best campaign ever released within the Imperiums framework. It will include a huge map covering the entire Mediterranean and some of the important neighboring regions. You can try your luck playing any of the 25 playable factions. This expansion pack, like those before, will bring some new elements such as migrating tribes, multiturn events, mandatory objectives, and historical events. We tried with this DLC not to increase the difficulty and complexity of the game but rather expand the existing mechanics and make them more interesting. Our goal was to make the game more alive to increase your immersion and engagement.

Imperiums: Rome vs Carthage is not the end of the Imperiums journey, though. We are already working on another small expansion ideal for a few-evenings game or multiplayer session. The topic and era are very interesting even if a bit obscure. More details will be revealed soon after the release of Rome vs Carthage.

And what else is in the pipeline? We have many plans and hope that this smaller expansion will not be the last one. We would like to publish at least one more major DLC similar in scope and size as Rome vs Carthage, but this is dependent on the interest in the previous DLCs.

Well they certainly have my interest piqued as to what period/conflict/etc. the upcoming, smaller DLC might cover.  :D 

I'm also pleasantly surprised that it sounds like they genuinely want to make at least one more major DLC for the game as well, but I'm not complaining.  If they make it, I'll buy it!