Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: So.... 2 years now, eh?  (Read 7629 times)

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #15 on: September 10, 2020, 12:23:40 PM
Happy 2 Year Birthday!

You know, before you troublemakers were a bad influence, I didn't own any board games, grrrr!!!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #16 on: September 10, 2020, 01:09:51 PM

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 02:00:05 PM
lol, and you might as well go ahead and start shopping for new shelving.  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 05:38:36 PM
lol, and you might as well go ahead and start shopping for new shelving.  :bigthumb:

Hey, in one year I only have 8 games, luckily I missed the WaW kickstarter!  :(

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 05:48:23 PM
That's how it starts..............then it'll be up to 8 per month before you know it............

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 05:57:48 PM
^This

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 07:03:04 PM
^ x2

I'm not really a what you'd call a very active boardgamer and yet I have two bookcases full of them, 75% acquired in the last decade and possibly 50% in the last 2-3 years...    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #22 on: September 10, 2020, 10:35:31 PM
I haven't been a boardgamer in decades, having sold my soul to my PC in the 80's. That makes a lot of the content here is more nostalgic than relevant to my current gaming hobby. Nonetheless, I look on board games with a fondness and really, I'm here because I enjoy the company so much. That's good enough for me. Happy Birthday, Dragoons!!!

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #23 on: September 11, 2020, 11:19:06 AM
Dip- blah...don't know what that means and the forum names under - they don't stand out as obvious and so mostlye I post under Simposia.

I wouldn't sweat it - i'm kind of mostly aware what they mean now - but it took me some time.

Was after something a little different-sounding; they are loosely inspired by Ancient Greek names, but not absolutely translated (partially b/c of alphabet differences)  :nerd:

There are also little tagline under each to tell you what they're for  8)

Anyhow....   a non-trivial part of the setup was breaking away from some older models so we weren't all stuck in a previous mindset, while trying to keep some familiarity.

A different look to the site, and some different names, were one way to do that without going completely crazy in ripping everything up

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #24 on: September 12, 2020, 07:14:48 AM
It is indeed a great place to hang out and chat with online buddies

It did originally surprise me, without your intention I assume, and it may only be me, that the bias is very much towards board gaming and if I need gaming news I’ll go elsewhere, but for camaraderie and general good spirited abuse there’s nowhere else to go

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #25 on: September 12, 2020, 08:06:35 AM
'geek, my old mate!

Yes, we did feel that we wanted a bit more emphasis on board gaming.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #26 on: September 12, 2020, 08:18:23 AM
We are more than happy to talk digital gaming at all times. It's just a matter of people talking about what they play, and right now we seem to have a few more tabletop gamers around here than digital ones.

feel free to go club a few more digital ones over the head and drag them back to the cave by their hair, and we're totally fine talking all kinds of digital games at that point 😁

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Yskonyn

• Jr Lancer
  • Running an online thing is like herding cats
Reply #27 on: September 12, 2020, 10:15:27 AM
I feel its a great place, but what can I say; I was very generously offered my own piece of ACD to run my failed attempts at coordinating a BattleTech campaign, yet the section still hasn’t been deleted! 😊 😜

One of these days three times will be the proverbial charm and we will get going properly.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #28 on: September 12, 2020, 11:53:10 AM
I don't play board games but I do love hearing about them. This is THE place for that.  :bigthumb:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

rickbill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
  • https://virtualwargamer.org
    • VWC
Reply #29 on: September 13, 2020, 11:16:58 PM
I don't play board games but I do love hearing about them. This is THE place for that.  :bigthumb:

WOW! I bet that saves a lot  since I would assume not playing boardgames means you are not buying boardgames either.  Though that may be presumptuous on my part.  Especially since there are many of us that play only a fraction of the games we buy. 

In the weekly Compass Games video podcast where Ty Bomba was announced as the new editor of their Game+Articles magazine.  If you listen, he seems to imply he believes the # game players vs # game collectors is a very low ratio.  From his comment, it seemed to me that he felt it was in the teens or lower (percentage wise).  If that is truly how he feels, I wonder if that affects he designs/develops games?  I wonder if other designers/developers share that opinion about how many games go un-played.