Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Castle Itter - The Strangest Battle of WWII (Solitaire game from DVG)  (Read 10727 times)

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Dunno if this has been mentioned already (probably, but you never know...):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11606594/castle-itter-the-strangest-battle-of-wwii?ref=thanks

Overview

The Battle of Castle Itter was fought near the Austrian village of Itter on 5 May 1945, in the last days of the War in Europe during World War II. US soldiers joined forces with Wehrmacht infantrymen, an SS officer, an Austrian resistance fighter, and recently freed French prisoners of war to defend the castle against an attacking force from the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division.

Object of the Game

During a game of Castle Itter, you take the role of the force that defended the castle from on 5 May 1945. The goal of the game is to last until the SS deck is depleted, without allowing SS Counters to reach the castle. You score points for each Defender that survives the assault and lose points for each SS Counter remaining on the board at the end of the game - the higher your score, the better.

Valiant Defense

Castle Itter is the next design in the Valiant Defense series, and the sequel to Pavlov's House, one of the top rated wargames of 2018. The Valiant Defense series allows you to play amazing stories of courage, with small forces holding the line against unimaginable odds. Games in the series focus on the individual defenders and are deeply rooted in history, while providing a quick play experience with a light complexity ruleset.

From the KS page you can D/L a beta version for Tabletop Sim and also the preliminary rulebook.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Look what showed up today:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 06:36:44 PM by Staggerwing »

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
more...

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
When are you getting your review to us?  :biggrin:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Coo!

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
When are you getting your review to us?  :biggrin:

I'm too dumb to write a review but I might do an unboxing thread. It'll be pretty dumb too but I can try to hide that with lots of pix.

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
There's a 2-player option listed on the box so that TTS module will come in handy.