Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Sticky for Kickstarter  (Read 63241 times)

judgedredd

Reply #120 on: January 17, 2022, 02:44:56 PM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/compassgames/the-third-world-war?ref=ksr_email_user_new_project_from_creator_youve_backed

Maps make this unplayable for my pal - at least a portion of it which kind of means a no buy for him.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #121 on: January 17, 2022, 04:23:18 PM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/compassgames/the-third-world-war?ref=ksr_email_user_new_project_from_creator_youve_backed

Maps make this unplayable for my pal - at least a portion of it which kind of means a no buy for him.

So want this but... the cost!  :o $150 USD = $189 CAD Plus $41 USD ($51 CAD) to ship to Canada... or $15 USD ($19 CAD) to ship to my US mailbox, which I'm not even sure I can get to yet.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #122 on: January 17, 2022, 04:27:08 PM
So want this but... the cost!  :o $150 USD = $189 CAD Plus $41 USD ($51 CAD) to ship to Canada... or $15 USD ($19 CAD) to ship to my US mailbox, which I'm not even sure I can get to yet.

yeah, but if you don't get it, it'll sell out like Maxwell's NATO game did, and there's no guarantee they'll reprint it....

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #123 on: January 17, 2022, 04:31:39 PM

yeah, but if you don't get it, it'll sell out like Maxwell's NATO game did, and there's no guarantee they'll reprint it....

I’ll probably wait for the reprint of NATO….

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #124 on: January 25, 2022, 03:18:50 PM

I've had this on pre-order for 2 years.  We can fire it up on Vassal.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #125 on: January 25, 2022, 03:49:29 PM

:bigthumb:

Who’s building the module?  :notme:

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #126 on: April 07, 2022, 03:46:27 PM
I don't remember seeing this here, so....

There's a new edition of Race to the Rhine up for kickstarting: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phalanxgames/phalanx-reprints-and-more

£45.

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

vyshka

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #127 on: May 06, 2022, 12:30:34 AM

:bigthumb:

Who’s building the module?  :notme:

It looks like Kevin MacRay is doing the module for Compass according to a thread on BGG. It sounds like it could be a couple of months still before they release it though.
Luckily I was able to snag a copy from CLS games on BGG since the current print run is sold out. A really minor ding on a corner of the box got it with shipping and their
cc/paypal charge for $175.

judgedredd

Reply #128 on: May 06, 2022, 05:08:51 PM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/compassgames/enemy-action-kharkov/pledge/new?clicked_reward=false

I was about to back this until I saw the game was $90 and the postage to the UK was $58

I'll take my chances I can pick a copy up in the UK.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 05:10:55 PM by judgedredd »

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #129 on: May 06, 2022, 05:32:51 PM
Besides Eleven, I went in on the Dreadnought pledge for ISS Vanguard.

That's two Gamefound fundings, but only one Kickstarter. And I won't talk about P500.  :idiot2:

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #130 on: June 05, 2022, 05:50:29 PM
Heroes of Normandie: The Battle for Caen is in its last day on Kickstarter.   I ended up backing it because of the Canuck content.  I've played the base game a few times and enjoyed it for what it is, even though I find it's a bit light for my tastes.  I actually think I like the Warhammer 40K version (Heroes of Black Reach) more than the WWII stuff despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the 40K universe or the minis system.   That might be due to the fact that I've only played the 1st edition rules of the WWII version (physical and the digital versions of the game).  I've not yet tried the new version of the game but review say it's much less clunky and seems more fluid.  Hopefully that's the case.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hon-br1/heroes-of-normandie-battle-for-caen/description

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #131 on: June 22, 2022, 04:04:03 PM

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #132 on: June 22, 2022, 04:25:03 PM
I'll probably back it but I'm not sure why.  I haven't gotten nearly as much play out of the base game as I'd hoped I would have.  COVID lockdowns killed off much of the FLGS gaming nights here and the game didn't really click with my usual group of gaming buddies so it just gathers dust on my shelf. 

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #133 on: June 22, 2022, 04:28:21 PM
Gonna be a lot more expensive this time around….  :(

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #134 on: July 07, 2022, 06:46:21 AM
Compass is doing that last-minute-cash-grab-thru-Kickstarter thing

This time is just for 3 days on a combo pack of The Russian Campaign and Third World War and apparently Compass just really wants to kill Muscovites

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love