Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 221046 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1050 on: February 20, 2022, 10:19:37 PM
I’m digging a bunker getting ready for when martoks new machine becomes self aware and starts building robots

You're assuming that hasn't already happened.  :whistle: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

judgedredd

Reply #1051 on: February 21, 2022, 02:34:00 AM
JD, just as a note, if you want a game about the Korean War, this isn't it. NW:Korea is current / near future and not 1951
Ah - I have been wanting a 50s Korean War one.

Thanks for the clarification

Okay JD, understood. I have both games and your question made me curious about how much space is required for all four maps for Joe Balkoski's The Korean War. Hopefully this pic will help. Bob48 is correct, there are 4 maps to The Korean War June 1950 - May 1951. For my copy, each map is 22 inches wide by 34 inches. There is overlap when the maps are joined together.

When they are all together, at the widest part, it is 42.125 or 42-1/8". At the longest part it is 70.6875 or 70-11/16". These measurements are a wee bit smaller than what is listed on the Compass website of 42.5" x 71".

Here's a pic of all four maps together:

If you decide to get this game, be aware, my copy has problems with the counters. The die cut is off on most of the counters I received and I'm sure I've waited too long to request possible replacements.
Thanks Tolstoi - I appreciate your efforts there  :applause:

It is too big for my area - I have a max depth of 35" and can go if pushed to 66". At least your efforts might not be in vain if it jogged your memory to claim some new counters  :bigthumb:

pixelgeek

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #1052 on: February 21, 2022, 09:56:18 AM
Well after looking at that map I feel less excited about my weekend playing World at War 85 on Vassal

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #1053 on: February 21, 2022, 01:18:05 PM
That's a lot of Korea!

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1054 on: February 25, 2022, 05:43:12 AM
On deck this weekend... 

Birth of the Federation (Ultimate Mod V):  After discovering (to both my surprise and immense relief) that BOTF runs just fine on my new rig, I've had a good game as the Klingons going the last few days, so I'm planning on continuing that.  I'm in the galactic southwest, and currently have a nonaggression pact with the Dominion (who are to my north -- which is probably a good thing, as war with the Cardassians (to my east) is starting to look likely. 

Am also continuing my campaign as Liu Bei in Three Kingdoms: Total War.  Have made a couple friends and annexed a couple cities from the Han without actually triggering a war...yet. 

With the 1.3 update to the DEI mod having just dropped, it looks like an excellent time to get back into Rome II as well.  :D 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #1055 on: February 25, 2022, 08:54:04 AM
What about the new Stellaris patch? And the new Deity Empires patch?  :whistle:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

judgedredd

Reply #1056 on: February 25, 2022, 12:04:08 PM
No words necessary

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1057 on: February 26, 2022, 04:15:08 AM
What about the new Stellaris patch? And the new Deity Empires patch?  :whistle:

I have just over 30 mods installed for Stellaris, and I'm still waiting for around 1/3 of them to be updated so that they're compatible with 3.3.  Most crucially, I'm waiting for a couple of the UI mods to be updated; I refuse to play the game without 'em.  :nope: 

I've never gotten into Deity Empires, believe it or not.  I don't even own it.  (What?  Stop looking at me like that...) 

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1058 on: February 26, 2022, 07:52:38 AM
I don't even own it.  (What?  Stop looking at me like that...)

'sOK dude. I don't own it either

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1059 on: February 26, 2022, 03:38:32 PM
This weekend, plenty of Microsoft Flight Simulator because I have to have at least one flight a day. No Man's Sky just posted a new expedition and I've never done one, so I thought I'd try this one. The rewards are pretty nice to be fair. And of course some Shadow Empire PBEM with Geek!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1060 on: February 26, 2022, 04:01:23 PM
I'm still plugging away at 'Gloomhaven' and so far, I've unlocked all 17 mercs and got 2 of them up to level 8 and all the rest to level 7. I have something like 70 missions completed now.

On the table; a mixture of 'Assault' and H&M (Vol I).

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1061 on: March 20, 2022, 08:13:50 AM
I've got a lot on at the moment:

Microsoft Flight Simulator. Still flying at least once a day. Getting a bit bored of "baby's first airliner" the A320 now though, but the 737 and BAe 146 Professional are imminent which will reawaken my interest enormously.

Nier: Automata. I already had this on PS4 but I'm not allowed to use the TV these days so I'm exclusively a PC gamer now. Therefore I had to buy this again. In my forty-odd years of gaming I can count on a single hand the number of games I can call a masterpiece. Nier: Automata is one of them. It's as sublime a gameplay experience as it's possible to have.

Railway Empire. This was on my wishlist for ages, and when I bought a game on Fanatical recently it was also given to me for free! Not gonna complain about that! I started the tutorial but frankly it's terrible, so I think I'll just start a sandbox game and learn myself.

Shadow Empire. More PBEM goodness with our resident Geek.

Automobilista 2. I love sim racing but I won't get a wheel and pedals for various reasons, so I'll never be any good. This one has its claws in me a bit though.

Distant Worlds 2. Plugging away at this much-anticipated game. It isn't without its launch issues but overall it's an enjoyable experience.

Death's Door. This is what I bought that also got me Railway Empire. It's a beautiful little 3D action adventure where you play as a reaper of souls. Not very original but very well made. I doubt I'll get far with it but enjoying it at the moment.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1062 on: March 20, 2022, 09:46:26 PM
No surprises here, it's been just Distant Worlds 2 and Stellaris for me -- pure space 4x goodness. 

As Huw said, DW2 has had -- and continues to have -- its share of launch issues, but I'm definitely enjoying it overall. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1063 on: March 21, 2022, 05:05:29 AM
Still tangling with project overload - when I’m painting I wish I was playing dw2……. When I’m playing dw2 I wish I was painting

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1064 on: April 03, 2022, 03:39:44 PM
This weekend has been dominated by two games:

Sea of Thieves. It's difficult to put into words how much fun this game is. I've never played a game that captured the feeling of sailing so well, in fact it's so good that at the end of a session I'll often just sail around for a bit to enjoy the atmosphere. It's an amazing story generator too. Fantastic in single player, sublime with friends.

Cyberpunk 2077. Looks like the game is finally in a good state, so I jumped in. I've put about 10 hours in this weekend (a lot for me for a single game!). It really is bloody good. I've been hoping that someone other than Bethesda would make a massive, detailed, complex first-person RPG, and thankfully Cyberpunk 2077 is it. I've been having an amazing time with it.