Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 53943 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #180 on: August 19, 2021, 09:46:03 PM
Thanks, TCT!  I enjoy providing context/backdrop for them. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #181 on: August 22, 2021, 01:31:49 PM
Intrigue, back stabbing, stabbing back and wrong way round friends

It starts - Murcia falls - they have Grenada left on the mainland, and the other muslim province is the Emir of Grenada in Andalusia to the west

'Yesterday..... all the muslims seemed so far away, oh i believe in yesterday'

Almohads appear from nowhere, 1000s of them - four full sized armies - two surround Mercia, two guard Grenada - time to put my fighting trousers on

Every battle i have i always wish i had just a few more crossbow men, i cant afford a second army so built a relief force of crossbows that could tag behind the main force within reinforcement range of each other - except i didnt quite calculate the distance properly and the Almohads pick off the little missile army - however, it does pull the two armies at Mercia away from the city.......

........but now they both head north to undefended Barcelona

As they did to me, i do to them - i attack the southern army out of range of his main northern force, non but a few suurvive and he heads west, the main force seiges Barcelona

And then this happens - back stabbing catholic assholes!!

We relieve Barcelona and smash his main force, thats two armies down, I head back south to Mercia now close to revolt and place a small force in Barcelona

And then this happens - back stabbing catholic assholes!! I decide now that the goal is to make peace with the muslims and wipe everything off the mainland thats Spanish except me - WTF is wrong with these people

Its armageddon as the Muslims get their shit together and decide to gang up

The Almohads come for Mercia again, i feel that if i can smash this lot theyll be in the market for a peace treaty

And there it is, stalemate, we still have Mercia, they remain in Grenada but i have to secure everything north of here before we start this up again

My peeping priest tells me everything i need to know about Valencia and Castile

Well looky here, turns out the mighty Emirate of Grenada has just that one province, i thought he was some big ass muslim from further south - now the plan is to sweep thru Castile and bounce this guy out of Spain as we head south

Valencia, my first Castilian fight in the first Spanish Civil War....... they had no chance - now bring your f****ng war to me Castile (i was finding it hard to settle into the game with no real immersion or connection to anything but theres a few generals ive started following and liking, and this act of treachery finally triggered the immersion in me)

Oooops - they were a one province power, last i looked

Not a chance buddy

Toledo falls next and with it come some high tier elite troops as they have a mustering house from the orders - hospitaliers, templars, mounted and dismounted - the rest of Castile and Navarre have no idea whats coming

Im going to take this - i want to lockdown the Catholic asshats first, although 2 peace outs from the muslims suggests some shenanigans in the homeland i cant see from here

All in all im feeling like a bad ass strategist right now, i had a plan and it worked! peace with the muslims, war with the Spanish! The next goal is to take out Castile who are struggling with Portugal too, and then Navarre

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #182 on: August 22, 2021, 01:46:51 PM
 :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #183 on: August 22, 2021, 03:31:34 PM
That sounds like one bad-ass Iberian free-for-all UCG. Better to just Nuke them from space to be sure.  ;D

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #184 on: August 22, 2021, 04:22:40 PM
Way to show 'em, geek!  Kick their asses -- all of them! 

Iberia seems to be a viper's nest in pretty much every Total War game, going all the way back to the original MTW/VI.  Playing as Castille or Aragon, I would almost always end up taking out the other first, *before* going after the Muslims (due to the former inevitably backstabbing me). 

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #185 on: August 22, 2021, 04:26:24 PM
UCG: Thank for the report on how your campaign is going. It look like an amazing game.

The pictures are great. Which leads me to a question for you: I see you are using Imgur to host your pictures. Do you have an account, or do you use the free upload? I'm looking for different, possibly better methods to share images on the forum than Postimage, which is what I've used in the past.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #186 on: August 22, 2021, 04:59:20 PM
Sure, I have an account at imgur but it’s free

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #187 on: August 22, 2021, 05:02:02 PM
Way to show 'em, geek!  Kick their asses -- all of them! 

Iberia seems to be a viper's nest in pretty much every Total War game, going all the way back to the original MTW/VI.  Playing as Castille or Aragon, I would almost always end up taking out the other first, *before* going after the Muslims (due to the former inevitably backstabbing me).

To be fair Navarre have only broken the non aggression pact - nothing else yet

Castile got pissed because I had to keep crossing Valencia to get to Mercia from Barcelona but they could have given me military access - I’ve tried researching it - I’m not sure how friendly or tied the 3 Spanish kingdoms were

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #188 on: August 22, 2021, 05:17:24 PM
Thats a great story being told UCG thanks for sharing it with us!

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #189 on: August 22, 2021, 07:39:16 PM

Okay, sounds good. I'll give it a try and see how it works. Thank you!  :bigthumb:

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #190 on: August 22, 2021, 07:45:09 PM
Thats a great story being told UCG thanks for sharing it with us!

Okay, sounds good. I'll give it a try and see how it works. Thank you!  :bigthumb:

Youre both very welcome and thanks TCT

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #191 on: August 23, 2021, 12:43:33 PM
Back stabbing (sigh), glory, and nearly an early finish

It all started at 02:00 am and finished at 11::30 am when i realised id been putting off the toilet for 4 hours!! I'd forgotten the beauty of these kind of gaming sessions - i actually went to bed and then got up again because when i closed my eyes my brain said - what will you conquer after Spain?

The revenge of the Aragonese restarts with Leon - their capital

and then Braga

There will be no dawn for Castile

Portugal beat me to Badajoz - doing me a favour actually as there was a roaming stack of Castilians i couldnt find

and Cordoba

Without a home province and suffering from huge attrition the last of the Castilian forces attempt to take Zaragoza - suicide by Aragon

And the last bit of Spanish treachery dies with them

WTF? Who are these guys!! Missed somehow as we took Leon, the actual Kings of Leon were hiding in Santiago - their city will be on fire soon as well as their sex

Tidying up forces and cities now that Castile has gone, i realise the King is 70, the Queen is 72 and they have no children - literally the end of my royal line and the game

The Aragon hero of the moment Bernat-Guillem, a five star general, scourge of Castile, the terror of Toledo is adopted by the pensioners in charge, and made heir to the throne

After years and years of trying our top diplomats finally hammer out a non aggression pact with the English, our northern borders are secure, peace, stability at last

Wankers

My hopes of the Emir of Grenada taking Grenada itself from the Almohads and then been crushed by me leaving the mainland muslim free is over

The big one then.......

We take Bordeaux as a pre-emptive strike and to see if theyre really wanting afight and might peace out after this. We have Bernat-Guillem and his full stack in Bordeaux and a second stack rounding the coast - i know theres 5 English stacks out there somewhere

In retaliation England take Provence, but dont keep it - they return it to Provence and the once aresholey region of Provence is put back on the map

There they are in our old friends back garden, Vienne - our sneaky spy has eyes on Vienne, them and Orleans

Ironically, my biggest friend so far, im stuck on an ever increasing friendship train here - i accept the offer to secure the south and that just makes him happier and happier, im expecting a military alliance request soon

Provence also want peace, i have no time for any petty squabbles and annoying armies that are going to turn up and disrupt the supply train and any reinforcements whilst i deal with England - we accept, for now

When outnumbered the key is not to get stuck in a city, theres no retreat option and ill be crushed by all the English armies - we bypass Orleans as its in range of the Vienne foursome, and sack Paris - medieval drone pilot sacked for ruining dramatic shot

The four stacks come for revenge and i retreat, BUT he leaves 2 armies outside Paris and sends 2 back to Vienne - i can do 2 armies, we destroy the English on the plains south of Paris

The other 2 stacks reinforce Orleans but now theyre trapped in their own walls, the pitiful survivors of the previous battle and these 2 stacks and England are wiped from France in a glorious battle on the fields of Orlean

and sure enough they beg for peace with a gift of 10000 - which turns out to be the repair costs for paris and orleans!

On a sunny day i can see England from here  :Loser:

Bernat and the princess have a boy and a girl of their own, not before they adopted Felip as Bernat was striding thru France killing English men it was too risky not to have an heir. I marry Felip off to the Portugese princess tying our nations and everlasting harmony - we'll see!!

I hadnt realised the game had gone all Crusader Kings with the family shenanigans - if id left that untended the king would have died leaving me with no control over the politics and pretenders would have risen all over the map - its looking ok for a while now

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #192 on: August 23, 2021, 01:38:38 PM
Ooh! Dirty doings!

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #193 on: August 23, 2021, 09:46:32 PM
Wow, what a train of events!  :o 

Nice job getting rid of Castille, and humbling the English.  I note, with petulant merriment, that the latter dipped from #2 in strength down to #5, while you rose from #3 to #2 during that same period -- most satisfactory.  >:D  And the Almos being your most steadfast pals so far is simply hilarious! 

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #194 on: August 23, 2021, 10:56:14 PM
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming