Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Old Man Paradox Rant  (Read 6420 times)

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #15 on: July 30, 2021, 01:28:55 PM
I don't bother playing Paradox or Ageod games anymore.  Both are strewn with such non-sensical game events/mechanics that defy my own personal logic that I can't be bothered.  So many other great games out there that I could be playing. 

I know there are a lot of diehard Paradox fans here and I respect you.  Maybe even envy you because you all seem to find joy with their games.  I can't and you know what?  It's ok. 

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #16 on: July 31, 2021, 12:25:04 AM
Well add Europa Universalis 4 to the list of Paradox titles that will not play on my PC. I would not even load the launcher before it stopped functioning and forced a hard shutdown. All I have left to try is Crusader Kings II.

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #17 on: July 31, 2021, 08:23:02 AM
The issues with older games (and even some barely old ones) on Windows 10 is why I keep extra PCs with older OS's such as Win7 and even Win XP and 98 around.

If you are pressed for full-size PC space you can track down an older gaming laptop with high specs (for it's time) and use it for those older games. The other option is to install Win XP or 7 in a virtual machine on your current PC.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #18 on: July 31, 2021, 08:03:21 PM
I have been minimizing a bunch of stuff gathering around the house the last couple of years. Old laptops, books, games, Tupperware, old papers, a plastic fork mixed in with my miniature painting supplies...you know stuff...recycled, trashed, sold, or donated.

I had success today and lowered by fist shaking arm and allowed the clouds to pass without a word. CK2 worked! And then I realized how many expansions I do not have for the game...I went back outside...sorry clouds I know its not your fault.

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #19 on: July 31, 2021, 08:31:02 PM
I have been minimizing a bunch of stuff gathering around the house the last couple of years. Old laptops, books, games, Tupperware, old papers, a plastic fork mixed in with my miniature painting supplies...you know stuff...recycled, trashed, sold, or donated.

I had success today and lowered by fist shaking arm and allowed the clouds to pass without a word. CK2 worked! And then I realized how many expansions I do not have for the game...I went back outside...sorry clouds I know its not your fault.

I realized this a few months ago to with CK2 and figured out with a Steam sale it was cheaper just to get CK3 and try and keep up with those expansions than get all the CK2 backlog

Yeah I know....  :idiot2: