Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: So no one ever told you Le Grand Armee was gonna be this way  (Read 4725 times)

GriffinTwoSix

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
I apologize in advance, I think I am more impressed that someone went through the effort to make this than anything else... Hopefully you will find some small enjoyment in this:

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 09:56:36 AM
That's great!

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 10:02:38 AM
Ha!

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 01:01:01 PM
*sigh*

My homies.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 07:00:46 PM
That's fantastic.  :2thumbs: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 07:57:51 PM
Always liked the wife of Marshal Lefevre.
Under the old army he was only a sergeant, and she did laundry to make ends meet.
After Francois was made a Marshal, they went to a grand reception.
A maitre de chambre announced them as Marshal and Madame Lefevre.
She poked him in the arm and asked, "Hey, what do you think of that?"

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 09:07:52 AM
Kevin Zucker, who did some great boardgames with Avalon Hill and now is OSG, Operational Studies Group, has posted an account of some of the German troops in Spain.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.