Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Suggestions for GUWS Webinars  (Read 5202 times)

sbae

• Fresh Recruit
on: November 12, 2020, 05:27:16 PM
GUWS tries to foster a wide range of speakers, both in terms of topics and backgrounds. So we wanted to see what speakers or topics that our core membership would be interested in as we try to finalize our Spring and Summer webinar roster. We are open to the whole spectrum, including commercial designers discussing their games or design tip,  professional national security designer, academic research, and more. 

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 05:54:28 PM
I think it would be really cool to have some researchers do some presentations on their research projects that involve uses of games for any number of purposes: training, evaluation, team building, analysis, etc, etc

what were the research questions they were after? How did they build their experiments? What were the populations they were investigating? How did they come up with their data analysis?

I get that it would have limited appeal outside of the academic world, but that sort of research focused presentation is pretty tough to find in the academic world these days
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 01:18:03 PM by bayonetbrant »

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 05:59:41 PM
And also, welcome to ACD sbae!  8)

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 07:02:01 AM
^+10 - What Mike said  :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

sbae

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 11:45:31 AM
We have been trying to get more speakers to discuss specific projects, but it is always a problem given the guarded nature of many places on their research and classification. Mike Linick's RSG presentation will discuss the methodology they used, but not the exact content due to sensitivities. But Ellie Bartels will be discussing her awesome dissertation work on national security gaming and Andrew Reddie will be discussion SIGNAL wargame work from PONG.

And thank you everyone for welcoming myself and GUWS to the ACD community.

I think it would be really cool to have some researchers do some presentations on their research projects that involve uses of games for any number of purposes: training, evaluation, team building, analysis, etc, etc

what were the research questions they were after? How did they build their experiments? What were the populations they were investigating? How did they come up with their data analysis?

I get that it would have limited up heel outside of the academic world, but that sort of research focused presentation is pretty tough to find in the academic world these days