Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 53921 times)

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #105 on: April 30, 2021, 07:46:34 AM
Me getting slaughtered by Marauder fleet (and he's got bigger ones)!.. What the heck is a Boomer, I think I need one of those, is that the amoeba thing I can research?

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #106 on: May 01, 2021, 06:44:52 PM
Me getting slaughtered by Marauder fleet (and he's got bigger ones)!.. What the heck is a Boomer, I think I need one of those, is that the amoeba thing I can research?

Yeah, ouch.  While not as powerful as Fallen Empires or the endgame-crisis, Marauder fleets are still no joke.  Losing that system with the ruined Ringworld is gonna smart. 

If you own the Distant Stars DLC, you can get the "Lost Amoeba" event as the result of the "Movement in the Clouds" research anomaly.  Once you've researched the anomaly, you'll get the option to "adopt" it into your empire (as long as you're not playing as a destroyer empire (Fanatic Purifier, Devouring Swarm, Determined Exterminator)), and it will join your fleet. 

After a certain period of time (180 days?), the amoeba matures into an adult, with a power rating of 400-600 (depending on your tech level).  At this point, you get the option to name it, with "Boomer" being one of the options. 

Several decades later, the amoeba matures even further, reaching 100 years of age.  She'll typically have a power rating of 5-6k, comparable to a battleship. 

I try not to throw my amoeba (I usually name her "Bubbles") into a fight unless I'm desperate, but she's definitely nice to have around.  :) 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #107 on: May 04, 2021, 10:44:50 PM
Khannnnn!!!!!

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #108 on: May 04, 2021, 10:45:59 PM
Destroying the trapped creature from another dimension.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #109 on: May 05, 2021, 03:33:37 AM
Khannnnn!!!!!

Nice!!  Congrats on wiping the floor with them!  :rockon: 

Is the Annihilator Cannon a new tech (from Nemesis)?  Looks pretty gnarly. 

Destroying the trapped creature from another dimension.

Of all the Leviathans in Stellaris, the Dimensional Horror freaks me out the most (although the Stellar Devourer is a close second).  Kudos to you for killing it! 

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #110 on: May 05, 2021, 07:59:35 AM
Khannnnn!!!!!

Nice!!  Congrats on wiping the floor with them!  :rockon: 

Is the Annihilator Cannon a new tech (from Nemesis)?  Looks pretty gnarly. 

I think it's in one of the mods I'm using.  It's an Extra-Large weapon, costs 2000 alloy and takes 1080 days to build.  But nice to have when 3 of the Khans fleets, with 3 galleons, which I believe are titans, attack. 

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #111 on: June 04, 2021, 02:28:45 PM
An old favorite, Empire Total War with the American Revolution Mod. This game reminds me of that Hot Cheerleader I used to date in High School, dumb as a post but EASY to look at. OK, OK. We didn't actually date....I took her home from school...once. After her car got a flat tire...suddenly, unexpectedly while I was parked next to her..... Could've happened to anybody.

English Colonial Line Infantry vs French Sepoys outside Calcutta.

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #112 on: June 04, 2021, 02:30:39 PM
I blame the hats.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #113 on: June 05, 2021, 11:16:21 AM
I agree. If they made me wear a hat like that, I'd definitely want to fight somebody.  ;D

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #114 on: June 18, 2021, 04:19:39 AM
A crystalline entity (an "Ancient Crystal Sovereign"), one far larger and more powerful than its pacified kin, launched a sneak attack on my colony of Tei'laria, "bombing" it with crystal shards and devastating the planet.  An official inquiry has already begun into how and why the crew manning the system's starbase failed to detect & engage the entity. 

[Seriously, ouch.  I'm lucky more people weren't killed!] 

Sadly, Talon Fleet arrived too late to protect the citizens of Tei'laria.  (I'd had to quickly divert it just as I was about to launch a powerful counter-offensive in a war I'm currently in the midst of fighting.)  Fortunately, it was at least able to intercept the monster while it was still in-system, thus preventing it from wreaking further havoc & destruction. 

[My main fleet brings the creature to battle over Frost II, the system's solitary gas giant.] 

The entity doesn't go down easily, yet it is destroyed in the end.  The "spoils" from the battle are paltry in comparison to the death & destruction it wrought, but perhaps something more worthwhile can be obtained from studying its remains. 

[The minerals and (especially) rare crystals are nice to have, but I'm more interested in the results from that Special Project...] 

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #116 on: June 18, 2021, 03:44:01 PM
Nice screenshots Slash.  I always liked ETW.  Might play some of it over the weekend thanks to you. 

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #117 on: June 18, 2021, 06:20:11 PM
A crystalline entity (an "Ancient Crystal Sovereign"), one far larger and more powerful than its pacified kin, launched a sneak attack on my colony of Tei'laria, "bombing" it with crystal shards and devastating the planet.  An official inquiry has already begun into how and why the crew manning the system's starbase failed to detect & engage the entity. 

[Seriously, ouch.  I'm lucky more people weren't killed!] 

Sadly, Talon Fleet arrived too late to protect the citizens of Tei'laria.  (I'd had to quickly divert it just as I was about to launch a powerful counter-offensive in a war I'm currently in the midst of fighting.)  Fortunately, it was at least able to intercept the monster while it was still in-system, thus preventing it from wreaking further havoc & destruction. 

[My main fleet brings the creature to battle over Frost II, the system's solitary gas giant.] 

The entity doesn't go down easily, yet it is destroyed in the end.  The "spoils" from the battle are paltry in comparison to the death & destruction it wrought, but perhaps something more worthwhile can be obtained from studying its remains. 

[The minerals and (especially) rare crystals are nice to have, but I'm more interested in the results from that Special Project...] 

There’s such a thing as stealth attacks now - or this attack just took you by surprise?

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #118 on: June 19, 2021, 05:22:20 AM
There’s such a thing as stealth attacks now - or this attack just took you by surprise?

Actually, I'm pretty sure this was from the More Events Mod that I recently installed.  I believe it was scripted for the starbase to not notice the crystal monster, as otherwise it would have almost certainly engaged & destroyed the entity before it could have even reached my colony (I have a maxed-out Star Fortress in that system). 

It was actually kinda neat, the death & destruction notwithstanding:  What I forgot to grab a screenshot of was that in the aftermath of the attack, I also then got to choose 1 of 3 options for my colony, each one providing different perks/bonuses (due to all the crystal shards that were dropped on the planet).  My colony is recovering from the devastation pretty quickly, so it appears it will have been worth it in the end. 

Besides, just seeing a crystalline creature that *big* (it had a power rating of 2.4k) was kind of awesome, if terrifying.  8) 

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 03:07:34 PM by Martok »

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #119 on: June 19, 2021, 07:38:27 AM
Excellent - I really need to start a grand strategy campaign of something otherwise I have a 1000 pound paperweight doing nothing at all

I think tw1212 

I’ll have a ponder